Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Title||<The Anglers Quartermaster>|
|Level||85 - 90|
|Location||Dustwallow Marsh[59, 60], Krasarang Wilds[68.4, 43.4], Garrison|
Nat Pagle is a famous fisherman who was previously located in Dustwallow Marsh, but is now located in Pandaria as a daily quest giver with his own Friend faction, Nat Pagle (faction). He can now be found at Anglers Wharf in Krasarang Wilds.
Prior to Mists of Pandaria Edit
He was a level 45 fishing trainer located at Nat's Landing in Tidefury Cove. The island is southwest of the Alliance port city Theramore in the contested territory of Dustwallow Marsh. He was (and still is) the most famous and well-known fisherman (or ) in World of Warcraft. Apparently, he used his fame (or got famous) by launching or licensing his own line of fishing equipment.
He states he has no particular interest in fishing, but has been fishing for 20-30 years. He also says that fishing is "a great excuse to drink ... heavily", and therefore he is assumed to be an alcoholic. This assumption is also supported by the fact that there are many booze bottles found at Pagle's Pointe in the Zul'Gurub instance, which is presumably a former fishing spot of his.
Nat Pagle's location was at [59, 60] in Dustwallow Marsh.
He started the following quests:
A fishing skill of 225 and a minimum level of 35 were required to start the quests. After Patch 3.1, this quest was no longer required to attain the Artisan fishing level. The quest offered a special superior-quality fishing pole instead. If you already completed the quest, you could visit Nat Pagle to receive this fishing pole.
Players could obtain the quest [60R] when opening a Battered Tackle Box containing the tape, found at Pagle's Pointe in Zul'Gurub. This quest involved returning the tape to Nat. When completing this quest, he said it is his favorite measuring tape and shares information about the hydra Gahz'ranka.
In another repeatable quest given by Nat, after completing "Nat's Measuring Tape" and having a fishing skill of 300 or higher, he gave instructions for summoning Gahz'ranka at Pagle's Pointe. He also sold the lures needed for summoning Gahz'ranka. These Mudskunk Lures had to each be filled with 5 Zulian Mudskunk in order to be used. Zulian Mudskunk are caught in Zul'Gurub itself. This Zul'Gurub boss encounter was optional and could be done only once after every reset of the instance.
In-game, various items besides the ones in Nat Pagle's line of fishing equipement (below) can be found. Most notorious is the book . It is by this book that Nat Pagle was first connected to the quest for the legendary sword Ashbringer. The last readable page contains only the words: "... And so that's where you'll find the legendary sword of the Scarlet Highlord, Ashbringer. Ain't it amazin' what you run into in an ordinary day of fishin'?"
In Patch 2.3 EditThis section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
Starting in Patch 2.3, Nat is involved in the quest line, started by Sergeant Amelyn (), which ultimately has players fighting Tethyr, a Level ?? Elite (Boss) Sea monster, with the help of some guards from Theramore.
Nat's appearance begins with the quest offered by "Dirty" Michael Crowe. Nat offers . After accepting the quest, apply the he gives you, then swim southwest to the wrecked ship. Swim around until a level 37 Lurking Shark aggros, then swim back up to Nat to complete the quest.
In Mists of Pandaria EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
In Warlords of Draenor EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Nat Pagle is available as a Follower (a survival hunter) to players who have accomplished a number of fishing-oriented tasks on Draenor. To unlock Nat, players must earn the achievement, reach 700 fishing skill, and build a level 3 Fishing Hut. Once these tasks are completed, the player can pick up the quest A true Draenor Angler at their fishing shack. Once completed, a follow-up quest adds Nat Pagle to your garrison.
Nat Pagle's line of fishing equipment Edit
These are the items either used, launched, or licensed by Nat Pagle. Most of these items give +fishing skill and are obtainable as a drop or quest reward.
- "Limited Edition"
- "Fer really long castin'."
- "Fishin's fer sissies - Nat Pagle"
- "It looks like Nat Pagle himself used this."
Other items connected to Nat Pagle are:
Words of Wisdom from Nat Edit
"Can't say I really enjoy fishin' much. Figure I been at it for a good 20 or 30 years now.
"I reckon people are driven to do what they do for different reasons."
"If you ask me, the best part about fishing is its slow pace. It gives one time to think, to reflect on past events and to plan for future ones. Oh, and it's also a great excuse to drink. Heavily."
"Now, I'm not saying you need to fish for 30 years or catch every fish in the sea to become a master fisherman. I reckon you just need to be determined - determined enough to sit on your duff for hours at a time, doin' nothin'."
In Caverns of Time Edit
Nat is found in Old Hillsbrad Foothills as an uninteractable NPC. He is much younger and he has not even grown a mustache yet. He is Level 38 instead of his normal Level 45. He is found fishing at the end of the Southshore dock beside Hal McAllister. The two NPCs have some amusing conversations about Nat's vivid dreams about events that will happen in the future: Tarren Mill being overrun by the Undead, Arthas being possessed by the Lich King and killing his father, Thrall's escape from Durnholde Keep, and Archimonde being killed by "small lights". He also describes two gangsters named Tigule and Foror inventing ice cream, and eventually entering a dimensional gate. McAllister scoffs at every dream, which ironically all are to come true in real life.
Some excerpts of these conversations:
- Nat Pagle says: Hal...
- Hal McAllister says: Yea, Nat?
- Nat Pagle says: Had that dream again last night...
- Hal McAllister says: Which one?
- Nat Pagle says: So I'm on some mountain with some big ol' tree. Bunch of elves runnin' around all over...
- Nat Pagle says: I can't even believe this one... You know those two loud-mouthed ruffians, Foror and Tigule?
- Nat Pagle says: Well in this dream, they somehow end up inventing something called ice-cream and flavoring it with strawberries... Well, long story short, they end up striking it rich!
- Nat Pagle says: If that weren't crazy enough, they decide to quit ice-cream business and become adventurers... They travel all over the place and finally disappear into some portal. I woke up in a cold sweat after that one...
- Nat Pagle says: This one's real grim... So the king's kid, Arthas... Well he goes out to battle evil, along with Uther...
- Nat pats his brow dry.
- Nat Pagle says: But tragically, Arthas is consumed by the evil and becomes evil himself...
- Nat Pagle says: Well, he comes back to the king all pretendin' to be nice, draws his sword, and runs the king through, elbow to... well you know... kills him on the spot.
- Hal McAllister shakes is head.
- Nat Pagle says: In this dream, I was fishin' master of the world. I moved to some place called Kalimdor...
- Nat Pagle says: And people from all over the world come to pay me homage... and learn to fish.
- Nat Pagle says: I'm like some kind of fishing god...
- Nat Pagle says: That one dream... The crazy one. Remember?
- Nat Pagle says: That one where I'm in Durnholde and that one orc that Blackmoore keeps as his personal slave breaks out...
Each time, Hal McAllister finally answer him one the following:
- Nat, Nat, Nat...
- What you got in that pipe, Nat?
- Nat, I've heard a whopper or two in my day but that one takes the cake.
- I worry about you sometimes, Nat.
- No way.
- Shut up and fish, Nat.
- The name of this NPC is a reference to a Blizzard Entertainment employee named Pat Nagle (see Video Game Credits and Biography at MobyGames.com) who is rumored to share the same habits Nat Pagle has: drinking and fishing.
Patch changes Edit
See also Edit
|Dustwallow Marsh||Caverns of Time||[85 Daily]||Darkmoon Island|
| The Anglers Quartermaster|
in Krasarang Wilds