|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Modified by Edit
- Balance abilities
- Restoration abilities
Tips and tacticsEdit
- Using Moonfire early on in a fight will grant the most benefit from this spell.
- Moonfire is useful for pulling mobs quickly, as not only is the spell instant, but the dot effect will have adequate time to deal its damage.
- Using does not replace the debuff of arcane damage.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.3 (17-Oct-2015): Damage has been increased by 6%.
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Moonfire (all-specializations) now deals 4% less damage.
- Patch 6.1.0 (24-Feb-2015): Moonfire's mana cost has been reduced by 55%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Moonfire now has a base duration of 20 seconds (up from 14 seconds), but is no longer extended by Starfire and Starsurge critical strikes. Upon reaching 100 Lunar Energy, the next Moonfire deals 100% additional initial damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Updated.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Moonfire mana cost has been reduced from 18% to 9%.