|Race||Molten giant (Giant)|
|Health||606K (Normal) / 2089K (Heroic)|
|Location||The Colossal Forge|
Molten Colossus is a mob found in Ulduar.
Normal mode (10-man) abilitiesEdit
- Earthquake Inflicts 6013 to 6987 damage to nearby enemies and knocks them down, silencing them for 4 sec.
There are reports that this does not affect players if they are out of line of sight.
- Pyroblast Inflicts 8325 to 9675 Fire damage to an enemy and scorches the target for an additional 3000 damage every 3 sec. for 12 sec.
Normal mode (10-man) tacticsEdit
- Split the raid into two groups. 1 consisting of 1 tank, 1-2 healers (Depending on the setup) and all of the DPS. The second group consisting of 1 tank and 1-2 healers (Depending on the setup).
- Tank the two molten colossi at the two corners before the stairs.
- Have the healers stay as far away from the corner as possible, leaving them out of line of sight of the molten colossus, thus leaving them unaffected by Earthquake
- Make sure that tank and DPS is always in line of sight of the healers, but not the molten colossus.
Heroic mode (25-man) abilities Edit
Heroic mode (25-man) tacticsEdit
Patch changes Edit
- Hotfix (2009-05-20): "The Molten Colossus will no longer cast Unquenchable Flames. "
- Hotfix (2009-04-21): "Players should no longer be able to quench the Unquenchable Flames debuff from a Molten Colossus by using spells like Cloak of Shadows or Divine Protection "
- Hotfix (2009-04-17): "The normal mode Molten Colossus have had the cooldown of Pyroblast increased. "