|Character classes||Warrior, Necromancer, Arcanist|
|Racial capital||Mogu'shan Palace, Throne of Thunder|
|Racial leader(s)||Thunder King|
- The land known as Pandaria today was not always named for the Pandaren people. In ages past, the Mogu ruled. Possessed of immense size and strength, they built an empire based on might, in which the weak – other races – were subjugated, and the strong – always Mogu – ascended to power. Imposing stone monuments and titanic siege engines displayed the power of the Mogu to the rest of the land. They turned their strength on the lesser inhabitants of Pandaria, shaping flesh to their whims as they shaped rock.
- The Mogu were overthrown in a desperate revolution led by the Pandaren, but their legacy persists in thousand year-old ruins too immense to fall. Indeed, some of the Mogu were too great to topple with their empire. As Pandaria emerges into a changed Azeroth, the surviving Mogu have begun to stir. They crave the domain they once held, and, to regain it, they will sweep usurpers and invaders alike into the dust.
The Mogu are considered the first race in Pandaria. They resemble the Chinese guardian lions (also known as "Fu Dogs") and orcs. The pandaren overthrew them 12,000 years ago, and now the mogu have risen again, intending to claim the continent as their own.
Mogu are an ancient race created by titans, Ra-den used The Fist of Ra-Den to bestow life upon the mogu. In their beginning, mogu were a legion of stone creatures who fought against the mighty forces of the Aqir and the Old Gods. The mogu created a magical cradle of life in a hidden valley now known as the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
For thousands of years, mogu served as guardians of Pandaria, when titans left Azeroth, the Old Gods used the Curse of Flesh on the mogu, mogu became a mortal race. In all their anger mogu weren't only cursed in the physical way, but also spiritually, mogu became greedy, proud and reckless, just like any other mortal race on Azeroth. To this day, mogu learned how to revert the Curse of Flesh.
- Lei Shen - The Thunder King, first emperor of the mogu
- Xin the Weaponmaster - King of the Clans
- Emperor Dojan - Second emperor of the mogu
- Emperor Dojan II - Third emperor of the mogu
- Emperor Lao-Fe - Last emperor of the mogu
- Monara - Last queen of the mogu
- Suen - Consort of the Thunder King
- Lu'lin - Consort of the Thunder King
- The Twin Consorts are rumoured to be the only female Mogu in existence.