|This article or section is likely to dramatically change once Legion begins.
- This article is about primarily about follower missions. For other uses, see naval missions for ship missions.
A Mission is like a quest, but for a Garrison follower or Order Hall champions (Order Hall missions can also use the aid of troops). The follower gains experience from completing a mission, but the player could also get a reward, depending on the mission.
The length of mission depends on the type of mission chosen, ranging from less than an hour to a week, but most are less than 12 hours. Missions can also be run while the player is offline.
Each follower, depending on race, class and spec, has different abilities and scenarios that are best suited for them, such as a character who can taunt or a character who works better in a group.
Starting a mission Edit
Missions always cost or to start. Garrison missions cost 10 or more Garrison Resources and Order Hall missions cost 100 or more Order Resources (sometimes up to 1000!). Naval missions cost 20 or more (although training naval missions may not cost anything to start).
Types EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Any of these types can come as a mission.
- Combat mission
- Exploration mission
- Logistics mission
- Naval mission
- Patrol mission
- Profession mission
- Training mission
- Treasure mission
Order Hall EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Unlike Garrison missions, Order Hall missions vary by class. So, depending on the class of the Order Hall, the requirements, tasks, and rewards will vary. Also, these missions can be completed by a combination of Order Hall champions or troops.
- Main article: Mission threat
Characteristics of missions, also known as mission threats.
- Main article: Mission counter
- Danger Zones
- Deadly Minions
- Group Damage
- Magic Debuff
- Massive Strike
- Minion Swarms
- Powerful Spell
- Timed Battle
- Wild Aggression
- Main article: Mission environment threat
Mob threats Edit
- Main article: Mission mob threat
Players send their followers or champions on missions for varied purposes. Successful missions will give you the resources you need to keep developing your Garrison or Order Hall, but you'll also have the chance to acquire powerful loot or resources for your character, and your followers or champions can gain bonus experience for certain missions they run.
The resources you acquire during missions include both existing crafting reagents and Garrison-specific materials. For example, if you assign a follower to a mining mission, you could receive ore, but you might also unearth or . For some reason, Order Hall missions never reward .
Garrison reward types EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
- Follower XP
- Gold (plus in some cases or just 1)
- Items (gear can range from sub-ilvl 600 rare to 700 epic)
Patch changes Edit
See Also Edit
Order Hall reward types EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- Missions with an XP icon will award bonus follower XP, if the the follower is level appropriate.
- Followers below required mission level or item level will display a warning icon that they will get less follower XP from the mission.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.3.0 (29-Aug-2017): New types added.
- Patch 7.0.1 (Alpha): Added for Order Halls.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Added for garrisons.