The length of mission depends on the type of mission chosen, ranging from less than an hour to a week, but most are less than 12 hours. Missions can also be run while the player is offline.
Each follower, depending on race, class and spec, has different abilities and scenarios that are best suited for them, such as a character who can taunt or a character who works better in a group.
Any of these types can come as a mission.
- Combat mission
- Exploration mission
- Logistics mission
- Naval mission
- Patrol mission
- Profession mission
- Training mission
- Treasure mission
- Main article: Mission threat
Characteristics of missions, also known as mission threats.
- Main article: Mission counter
- Danger Zones
- Deadly Minions
- Group Damage
- Magic Debuff
- Massive Strike
- Minion Swarms
- Powerful Spell
- Timed Battle
- Wild Aggression
- Main article: Mission environment threat
Mob threats Edit
- Main article: Mission mob threat
Players send their followers on missions for varied purposes. Successful missions will give you the resources you need to keep developing your Garrison, but you'll also have the chance to acquire powerful loot or resources for your character, and your followers can gain bonus experience for certain missions they run.
The resources you acquire during missions include both existing crafting reagents and Garrison-specific materials. For example, if you assign a follower to a mining mission, you could receive ore, but you might also unearth garrison resources, a new kind of resource used to construct and upgrade buildings.
Reward types Edit
- Follower XP
- Gold (plus in some cases or just 1)
- Items (gear can range from sub-ilvl 600 rare to 700 epic)
A Cinder Pup is a Beast battle pet, which can be obtained through the completion of the rare Garrison mission, Fiery Friends. This mission requires 3 level 100 followers with item levels of at least 675.
- Missions with an XP icon will award bonus follower XP, if the the follower is level appropriate.
- Followers below required mission level or item level will display a warning icon that they will get less follower XP from the mission.
Patch changes Edit
Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Added.