Mind Flay is a priest ability learned at level 10 for those with the Shadow specialization. It is the spell with the best damage/mana ratio for the priest, and it has the additional bonus to slow runners by 50%
Modified by Edit
- Shadow abilities
- Its debuff has no classification, hence it cannot be dispelled.
- When attacking a druid with Mind Flay, shapeshifting cancels it.
- Similarly, if the target uses a PvP trinket, it removes Mind Flay, due to the snare.
- Mind Flay does additional threat. This is most likely due to its snare.
- This spell is popularly referred to as the "face melter" due to the ray that usually targets the opponent's face.
- This ability replaces Smite.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.2 (1-Sep-2015): Mind Flay now deals 20% more damage.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): When interrupted while casting a single-school spell such as Mind Flay or Frostbolt, players will now be able to cast dual-school spells such as Mind Spike (Frost and Shadow schools) or Frostfire Bolt (Frost and Fire schools). However, being interrupted while casting a dual-school spell will still interrupt all respective schools as intended.; Mind Flay damage done has been increased by 12%.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Mind Flay should no longer lose a tick of damage when the last tick is clipped by another Mind Flay cast.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Mind Flay: The range of this ability has been increased to 30 yards, up from 20.; Mind Flay: The rank 1 tooltip has been corrected to indicate the accurate damage and snare effect. In addition, this ability will now work correctly with [target=focus] and [target=mouseover] macros.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Fixed a bug with targeting where you would not deal damage if not facing the target while channeling. Also corrected an issue where the damage from this ability was slightly delayed.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Can now periodically critically hit. The spell coefficient has been increased approximately 30%.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Will now cause damage to targets immune to movement slowing effects.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Should now be affected by the Focused Casting talent.