Micro-holidays are a new type of short in-game events coming to World of Warcraft in Legion with Patch 7.1.5. Unlike existing in-game events, micro-holidays last a day or two at the most and are not tied to achievements. They are meant as fun, non-mandatory events that keep the world feeling "alive".
Known micro-holidays include the following:
|January 21 - 23||Call of the Scarab||To commemorate the first ringing of the Scarab Gong on January 23, 2006, players will be able to relive a portion of the Ahn'Qiraj gate opening by collecting items for turn-in. The winning faction will then be able to claim bragging rights and have their faction flag hang over the gates until the next Call of the Scarab micro-holiday event.|
|February 23 - 24||Hatching of the Hippogryphs||Those who head to Feralas will be able to bear witness to the yearly hatching of the hippogryphs. You may even make a little friend for the day.|
|March 17 - 19||Un'goro Madness||Dinosaurs are running amok in Un'Goro. Help quell the rampage and you'll be awarded some temporary evolution buffs.|
|April 5||March of the Tadpoles||Each year, the Winterfin murlocs allow their tadpoles free reign over their village. You can make a difference by adopting your favorite, feeding it, and protecting it from nearby predators.|
|April 28||Volunteer Guard Day||Step into the shoes of a guard in the major cities with a /salute and you'll get to serve and protect the city just like them. Stay vigilant and watch out for any invaders.|
|May 10 - 12||Spring Balloon Festival||Several of Azeroth's characters – some of whom you might recognize – are giving tours of Azeroth in their hot air balloons. You'll enjoy their commentary and interact with other citizens as you take in the scenery.|
|May 27||Glowcap Festival||Head to Sporeggar in Zangarmarsh, collect some rare mushrooms, and help the sporelings heal the great mushroom, Fshoo. You'll gain a bit of Sporeggar reputation for helping them out.|
|June 6 - 8||Thousand Boat Bash||Thousand Needles is where the biggest bash on boats can be found in Azeroth. It's a chance to unwind a little, away from the lurking danger of the Burning Legion.|
|July 22||Auction House Dance Party||The main auction houses in Orgrimmar and Stormwind have been cleaned out and turned into Dance Parties for the day! Crowd on in and show some faction pride!|
|July 31||Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl||The mages of Azeroth like to relax, too. Hop into a portal at your local watering hole and join the Tavern Crawl!|
|Future PTR||Great Gnomeregan Race|
|Future PTR||Moonkin Festival|
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.2.5 (13-Jun-2017): Auction House Dance Party, Great Gnomeregan Race, and Moonkin Festival added.
- Patch 7.1.5 (10-Jan-2017): Added.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2016-01-21. Micro-Holidays in Patch 7.1.5. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2018-01-21. Remembering the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj: Call of the Scarab. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
- ^ File:Feb_2017_in-game_calendar.jpg
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment 2017-03-17. March of the Tadpoles: Micro-Holiday. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2017-07-31. Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl: Micro-Holiday. WorldofWarcraft.com.
- ^ a b Lore 2017-04-18. PTR Development Notes - Build 23958. Official 7.2.5 PTR Feedback forum (US).
- ^ Squishei 2017-04-18. 7.2.5 PTR Build 23958 Data Highlights - Dance Party, Warglaive Achievement, Development Notes. Wowhead News.
- ^ File:WoW_calendar-July_2017.jpg
- ^ Lore 2017-04-26. PTR Development Notes - Build 23993. Official 7.2.5 PTR Feedback forum (US).
See also Edit