Melgromm Highmountain is a level 70 elite tauren shaman of the Highmountain tribe and the Horde. He spawns during the Dark Portal Opens event, specifically when the Dark Portal is starting to be overrun by demons.
Melgromm spawns when the Dark Portal is starting to be overrun by demons along with five other elite 60 Thunder Bluff Hunters. Surprisingly he wields a two-handed totem/carved log as a weapon, which is rare. Although he is definitely associated with the Horde, he is friendly to everyone. He can cast Chain Healing and Chain Lighting. He must reach the very front of the portal to despawn.
After this event he can later be found on the Stair of Destiny, which is where players come out to when crossing through the Dark Portal. Here he battles alongside Horde forces on the right and Alliance forces on the left against Legion siegebreakers attempting to go through the reopened Dark Portal.
- Yells as he spawns: "Hunters, to me! Let us show these demons what it is to fight and die in Azeroth!"
- Says: "The spirits sing to us! They sing the song of battle!"
- Says: "Strike true, brothers and sisters! Today our quarry is demons!"
- Says: "Once again, we will show this Burning Legion that our world is not for the taking!"
- Says: "These fiends will fail! For Azeroth!"
- Says: "If it is our fate to die this day, then we will not go easy! Mark me, these demons will fall like wheat!"
- Says: "Though your sinews tire and your blood flows from cuts and wounds to this sodden ground, you fight for the spirits of your world. No evil force can stand against us!"
- Yells as he despawns: "My brethern, my commands-in-arms! I must go to seek the forces of the Horde and direct them here! Keep your spirits strong, brave hunters! Do not fall to the portal-spawned fiends!"
- He wears Tier 1 Gear, Earthfury Raiment, but he wears a chest and pants combo, where as shaman players must wear a kilt/robe.
- His Chain Healing spell can bounce on to Alliance players.
- Melgromm is the only shaman in the game to use a Strength of the Storm totem, which appears to be the shaman version of Blessing of Kings.