In World of Warcraft Edit
Profession skill levels fall into eleven stages of increasing ability to learn and execute recipes: Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, Artisan, Master (), Grand Master (), Illustrious (), Zen Master (), Draenor Master (), Legion Master (), and Kul Tiran / Zandalari Master ().
Change in Battle for Azeroth Edit
The progression bars have changed so that after the base game each expansion has a separate progression bar for points unlike before which had a single bar:
- Non-expansion goes up to 300.
- Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm, and Pandaria progression bars each go up to 75.
- Draenor and Broken Isles go up to 100.
- Kul Tiras and Zandalar go up to 150.
- Not counting racial or other bonuses, at a skill level of 275 you can learn the Master stage and gain up to a maximum of 375 points.
- You must be level 50 to become a Master of the Crafting professions. Master of the Gathering professions have a minimum level of 40.
- The trainer who can train the Master stage for each profession usually has a title of <Master Profession Trainer>, and could only be found in areas accessible to owners of the expansion (mostly in the Hellfire Peninsula).
Players without cannot level any skill or profession above 300 points (not including racial traits or other bonuses).Changed with World of Warcraft package.
- Starting with Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, this proficiency range will have its own progress bar of 75 points.