Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Health||402,050 - 505,538|
|Location||Culling of Stratholme, Caverns of Time|
Attacks and abilitiesEdit
- Carrion Swarm: A cresting wave of chaotic magic splashes over enemies in front of the caster, dealing 3230 to 3570 Shadow damage and 380 to 420 Shadow damage every 3 sec. for 15 sec. 5890 to 6510 Shadow damage and 380 to 420 Shadow damage every 3 sec. for 21 sec on heroic.
- Sleep: Puts an enemy to sleep for up to 8 sec (10 on heroic). Any damage caused will awaken the target.
- Mind Blast: Inflicts 4163 to 4837 Shadow damage to an enemy. 8325 to 9675 Shadow damage on heroic.
- Vampiric Touch: Heals the caster for half the damage dealt by a melee attack
Mal'Ganis will spawn when the party enters "Crusader Square" at the end of the instance. Arthas will aid the party in the encounter, but does not tank the boss and does not do any special abilities. Mal'Ganis is like Anetheron, with an AoE spell and a Sleep spell. The party should position themselves behind him and as spread out as possible to avoid taking too much damage from this when he targets any given player. Sleep should be dispelled all the time. If not, it is also possible to use PvP trinkets and other similar methods like Ice Block.
His Vampiric Touch buff can be dispelled and should be done as soon as possible.
When Mal'Ganis reaches 1% health, he escapes, breaking combat and disappearing after a little speech. The loot from the encounter is from a chest left behind. If the party wipes, Mal'Ganis despawns. Speak to Arthas to restart the encounter.
- Main article: Dark Runed Chest
- Yes, this is the beginning. I've been waiting for you, young prince. I am Mal'Ganis.
- As you can see, your people are now mine. I will now turn this city, household by household, until the flame of life has been snuffed out forever.
- This will be a fine test, Prince Arthas.
- Time out.
- You seem tired.
Killing a player:
- All too easy.
- The dark lord is displeased with your interference.
- It is Prince Arthas I want, not you.
- Your journey has just begun, young prince. Gather your forces, and meet me in the arctic land of Northrend. It is there we shall settle the score between us. It is there that your true destiny will unfold.