|Hellfire Ramparts (5)|
|The Blood Furnace (5)|
|The Shattered Halls (5)|
|Magtheridon's Lair (25)|
Magtheridon's Lair is the raid wing of the Hellfire Citadel dungeon in Outland where you fight the brutish pit lord Magtheridon himself. You can find the entrance to Magtheridon's Lair on the very bottom of the western side of the Citadel (opposite side from the other 3 entrances). It is a quick raid encounter (like Onyxia's Lair, which contains four "guard mobs" before the boss encounter, Onyxia).
You do not need a key to enter Magtheridon's Lair. It is possible to zone in provided you are level 70+.
Dungeon Denizens Edit
Hellfire Warders - Come in groups of 3. One group patrols. 4 groups total. They are immune to Silence effects and all forms of CC, including stuns. They have several spell damage abilities:
- Basic Melee : These melee for around 7.1k on cloth, 2-3k on plate.
- Shadow Bolt Volley : Hits everyone in range for ~2k shadow damage. Must be interrupted by mages/shamans, rogues will get feared too much to be reliable here.
- Shadow Word: Pain : Ticks for 500 per 3 sec and lasts 18 seconds.
- Unstable Affliction : Ticks for ~500 and deals 3000 damage if dispelled and will silence the dispeller.
- Rain of Fire : Ticks for 1900 every 2 seconds. This is the most dangerous spell and is instant cast and cannot be interrupted, so raid members must run around it.
- Death Coil : Seems to target the 2nd closest person in threat to the warder, but will often be cast on the tank. Deals 2k and lasts 3 seconds.
- Fear : Lasts 8 seconds, cannot be dispelled. Tremor totem will NOT work.
- Shadow Burst : Deals 2k damage to the main aggro target, knocks them back and reduces their threat.
You must clear each pack of Warders, or they will run at the raid when you engage the boss. They can be affected by Curse of Tongues and Mind Numbing Poison.
The respawn timer on Hellfire Warder Packs is 2 hours.
In Cataclysm Magtheridon can be easily done solo:
|Shattered Halls quests|
|Quest Name||Quest Giver||Subzone|
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): Added. Wowhead incorrectly shows many items and NPCs related to this instance as added in Patch 2.1 and Patch 2.2.
- Other info