Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mage Armor is a mage ability learned at level 80 for those with the arcane specialization. It is a self-only buff that improves mastery; in addition, the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against the mage are reduced by 25% when Mage Armor is active.
- This is very handy in groups and on raids when mages not being hit, but their ability to keep fighting over a long period of time is important.
- In PvP the 25% debuff time reduction can be a life-saver, especially when facing Warlocks, since a great deal of their damage comes from damage over time effects and dispellable curses.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Mage Armor is now a passive effect and is available only to Arcane Mages.
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): Mage Armor now reduces the duration of harmful Magic effects by 25% (down from 35%).
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Now reduce harmful magic debuff's duration by 35%. Down from 50%.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Now restore 3% of total mana every 5 sec, instead of granting a spirit based regeneration.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now grants 50% of mana regeneration while casting. Up from 30%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Frost Armor, Ice Armor, Mage Armor, and Molten Armor are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Now has a new, unique icon.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Added.