Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared in patch 5.4.0.
|Cooldown||3 min (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Lightwell is a priest ability learned at level 36 for those with the Holy specialization.
Modified by Edit
- Glyph of Lightspring
- Item Level
- Major Glyph
- Classes: Priest (Holy)
- Requires level 25
- Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.
Transforms your Lightwell into a Lightspring.
Creates a Holy Lightspring. Every 1 sec the Lightspring will attempt to heal party and raid members lower than 50% health for 17205 (+ 55.3% of SpellPower) over 6 sec. Attacks done to the target equal to 30% of your total health will cancel the effect. Lightspring lasts for 3 min or until 15 heals are expended.
- Sell Price: 1
Lightwell enables free healing for non-tanks that are in need of one while the priest has to focus the heals on another character, and/or can also be used to help warlocks recover mana in long fights, since they can use it to heal themselves after Life Tapping for mana.
This method definitely saves a lot of mana that would normally be spent on heals. Using this spell during fights against a boss or while recovering from a wipe definitely pays off the rather long cooldown.
You can click to receive a HoT from a Lightwell even when you're:
Previous complaints included both a lack of effect from a priest's +heal, and the ability of a confused or malicious party member to take all the charges by repeatedly right-clicking on the Lightwell.
In patch 2.2.0, these complaints were addressed, with mixed results: while Lightwell got 100% benefit from +healing, most members of the party - except the caster - could still spam click it.
However, the primary complaint was that the healing received from using the Lightwell would break on damage, similar to using a bandage. Lightwell would be most powerful in AoE heavy fights in order to heal the dps classes while allowing the healer to focus on the tank, but this was a risky time to use it: the heal could be interrupted, preventing the full healing benefits of the well.
In patch 3.0, Lightwell received further changes: the healing effect only broke if damage received equaled more than 30% of total health. Furthermore the total number of charges was increased to 10.
Sometime after patch 3.0 players could only have one Lightwell Renew effect on them at a time, thus ceasing all attempts by players to eat a Lightwell, whether intentionally or otherwise.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Players will no longer prematurely cancel a channeled spell when clicking on the Lightwell.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): The entire pillar of light of the Lightwell can now be interacted with, instead of just the base.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Lightwell’s health has been increased by 50% (for PvP purposes).; Lightwell healing now matches its tooltip description.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Lightwell (Holy): Cast time reduced to .5 sec, down from 1.5 sec. Charges increased to 10, up from 5. Now breaks from any attack that hits you for 30% or more of your total health. Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, down from 5.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Casting time reduced. Lightwell object increased in size to make it easier to click; relative click radius decreased slightly.; Right-clicking on a lower rank Lightwell while a higher rank Lightwell Renew is on will no longer expend a charge.