|Casting time||2.5 sec cast|
|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Modified by Edit
- Elemental abilities
- Enhancement abilities
- Restoration abilities
- It uses the lightning animation instead of the normal nature animation.
- Has traveling time, so can be combined with or a Shock which are instant for spike damage.
- This is a good spell to start fights at lower levels. Untalented and used against a foe with no speed boosting abilities at max range, you can cast 3 Lightning Bolts in the span of time it takes for a mob to reach you. You can even cast a shock just as the third Lightning Bolt finishes casting to max out damage against a pulled, incoming mob.
- It is also more likely to be used during combat because of its 2.5 second casting time as opposed to other classes' similar function spells and is fairly mana-efficient.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.3 (17-Oct-2015): Damage has been increased by 4%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Lightning Bolt can no longer be cast while moving by default. Effects like Spiritwalker’s Grace can still make the spell able to the cast while moving.
- Patch 5.3.0 (21-May-2013): Lightning Bolt can now be cast while moving.
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Lightning Bolt has a new spell effect.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Cast time reduced to 2.5 (from 3.0 where applicable), mana costs reduced, benefit from spell damage have been modified to maintain the DPS of the the previous, longer casting time.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Mana cost reduced approximately 17%.