|Lay on Hands|
- Take all my strength into you and be whole once more!
Lay on Hands is a core paladin ability learned at level 16. It is a Holy-based spell that instantly fills your target with life. Considered an "emergency" ability, in that due to its long cooldown it should only be used when it's really needed. Lay on Hands causes Forbearance. As it allows a paladin to "live twice" by using it, the spell is somewhat famous.
- Tankadins can consider this as a long cooldown "oh s**t button". Turn on the auto-self cast option or create a macro. When your health is dangerously low, use it immediately to heal yourself back to full health.
- This ability is completely independent of the amount of Healing the caster has. It always heals the target for the amount of health the caster has.
- This ability can crit.
- Often annoys other players in pvp and dueling, for the reason that it cannot be used in an arena match and is viewed as unfair much like the Death Knight's Army of the Dead ability.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This ability will place Forbearance on the paladin if used on his or herself. It will not place Forbearance on others.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Does not drain all of the player's mana anymore. Cooldown reduced to 20 minutes.