Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
LOL is an acronym for "Laugh Out Loud". In lower-case it is "lol".
- Frequently used in place of typing out a laugh ("ha ha ha").
- Very frequently to show that you're being playful, not serious, or are kidding, quite like saying doch in German.
- Upper-case and lower-case typically have slightly different meanings. "lol" is typically a light laugh or chuckle, while "LOL" is a heartier, louder laugh.
- When you type only "LOL" or "lol" in-game, your character will automatically do the /laugh animation & sound. See also Emote.
While LOL literally merely means "laugh out loud", it is much more widely use than as an in-game expression of amusement. It is applied as widely as real laughter is, to mean skepticism, scoffing, cordiality, acknowledgment of error, befuddlement, and a dozen other meanings.
- If said in Common, it appears as "bur" to Horde players.
- If said in Orcish, it appears as "kek" to Alliance players.