|Previous: Kil'jaeden's Command (Curse of the Blood Elves)|
|Next: A Kingdom Divided|
|Conflict: Kil'jaeden's war against the Lich King|
|Campaign: Legacy of the Damned|
|Date: 21 years after the events of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans|
|Place: Lordaeron palace gardens|
|Outcome: Undead Scourge victory|
|template | talk | edit|
- <Death Knight> (Level 10 – 9)
- <Lich> (Level 10)
- <Dark Ranger> (Level 2 – 4)
- (Level 9)
- Unknown Mountain King (Level 8)
- Unknown Archmage (Level 8)
- <Paladin> (Level 7)
- <Ranger> (Level 7)
- <Paladin> (Level 6)
- Unknown Archmage (Level 4)
- Detheroc: "It's been months since we last heard from Lord Archimonde. I grow tired of watching over these rotting undead! What are we still doing here?"
- Balnazzar: "We were charged with overseeing this land, Detheroc. It is our duty to remain here and ensure that the Scourge is ready for action."
- Varimathras: "True. Though we should have received some kind of orders by now."
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "The Legion was defeated months ago. How could they not know?."
- Kel'Thuzad: "Impossible to say. But the longer they remain in command, the more they run the Scourge into the ground."
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "What? Who could possibly..."
- King Arthas: "Greetings, dreadlords. I should thank you for looking after my kingdom during my absence. However, I won't be requiring your services any longer."
- Varimathras: "Prince Arthas!"
- Balnazzar: "This land is ours. The Scourge belongs to the Legion!"
- King Arthas: "Not anymore, demon. Your masters have been defeated. The Legion is undone. Your deaths will complete the circle."
- Detheroc: "Never!"
- Detheroc: "This isn't over, human."
- Kel'Thuzad: "We knew you would return to us, Prince Arthas."
- King Arthas: "I have returned, lich, but you will now address me as King. This is, after all, my land."
- King Arthas: "Now, we must secure the kingdom by scouring the last remnants of humanity from it!"
- Kel'Thuzad: "But, my king, the humans have begun to abandon their villages."
- Kel'Thuzad: "They're fleeing to the canyon passes! If they escape into the mountains, it will be impossible to hunt them all down."
- King Arthas: "Then we must slaughter them before they escape! Their deaths will be a fitting tribute to Ner'zhul!"
- Arthas is weakened.
- King Arthas: "Aarrghh... The pain is unbearable. What is happening to me?"
- Lich King: "Danger draws near! Power is fading. Time is running out!"
- Kel'Thuzad: "King Arthas, do you need assistance?"
- King Arthas: "No. The pain has passed, but my powers are diminished. Something is terribly wrong here."
- Kel'Thuzad: "Shall we recall our forces?"
- King Arthas: "No. I will finish the hunt. We'll solve this mystery once our business is done."
- Halahk the Lifebringer: "Arthas, you wear your father's crown as if you earned it. You may kill me, but my brethren will never stop hounding you!"
- King Arthas: "I can't believe that any of you survived the first purge. No matter. After today, your self-righteous order will cease to exist."
- Magroth the Defender: "We will never abandon Lordaeron, Arthas! We will never give up!"
- Dagren the Orcslayer: "Come, traitor, and taste the wrath of the holy Light!"
- Humans approach.
- Kel'Thuzad: "The humans are nearing the pass! Stop them."
- Kel'Thuzad: "We cannot allow the humans to escape!"
- Kel'Thuzad: "Stop them before they reach the pass!"
- Kel'Thuzad: "Slaughter the humans before they escape!"
- Kel'Thuzad: "Shall we recall our forces?"
- Humans escape.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "The humans are escaping!"
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "Another human has made it through the pass!"
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "They're getting away!"
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "Don't allow them to escape!"
- Victory for the Scourge.
- King Arthas: "At last, the Alliance is finished! Once we round up the last stragglers, we should be--"
- King Arthas: "Aarrghh... Not again!"
- Lich King: "It is I, the Lich King. Danger draws near the Frozen Throne! You must return to Northrend immediately! Obey!"
- Kel'Thuzad: "My king, you are not well."
- King Arthas: "Take me back to the capital. I have a long journey ahead of me."
- Many humans escape.
- Lorewise the following transcript never happened.
- Kel'Thuzad: "King Arthas, the humans have made it through the pass. Now there's no way to stop them from reaching sanctuary. "
- King Arthas: "Then we've failed, lich. Return to the capital. Someone will pay dearly for this!"