Intimidating Shout is a core warrior ability learned at level 52. This shout is a Fear AoE special which lasts 8 seconds. It causes the target to become incapacitated for 8 seconds (any damage will break it). At the same time, it causes 5 other enemies within 10 yards to run away randomly; this fear is not as easy to break as the primary target's.
Modified by Edit
- This ability is possibly one of the most dangerous things a warrior can do in a dungeon, as more often than not feared enemies will end up aggroing new enemies.
- While soloing, it can be useful to escape if things are going badly. Using this in combination with a (Fury specialization) can buy the warrior enough of a head start to run clear of the fight; this is best done in outdoor environment. In enclosed spaces, such as mines, caves, or dungeons, it usually causes more trouble than it saves.
- Intimidating Shout can be used on a single target to stun it for 8 seconds. Any damage will break the stun, so use Intimidating Shout (preferably while backing out of melee range), target yourself, and bandage. You can use about 80% of a bandage this way.
- In PvP combat, this ability really shines. Used in combination with , a single warrior can totally disrupt an enemy front line, allowing supporting ranged and pet classes to take advantage of the ensuing chaos.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): The cooldown of Intimidating Shout has increased to 90 seconds, up from 60 seconds.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Cooldown reduced from 3 to 2 minutes.
- Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006): The cowering in fear effect will no longer be applied when the target resists this shout. In addition, this shout will now affect a maximum of 5 targets.