- Note: This Kit is no longer updated by Blizzard and has been replaced by Extracting interface files locally from the game.
The Blizzard WoW Interface Kit or UI ToolKit is used for assisting AddOn development, or for those who are curious and want to learn more about WoW internals. See also Viewing Blizzard's interface code.
Download Page Edit
- Note: the last and current downloadable toolkit is for interface version '40000', or Patch 4.0 and compatible.
- Older versions
- 1.12.1 - Classic WoW - Link to an article on vanilla-wow.wikia.com.
The Blizzard AddOn Interface ToolKit provides extra files and resources relevant to WoW AddOn development. These files are taken from the retail WoW MPQ files found in the WoW install and are bundled seperately so that WoW AddOn developers can look at and reference FrameXML files, Lua files, and other art and resources found in the game itself.
Most files used by WoW and the Blizzard WoW UI components are found inside MPQ files, which are sort of like .zip files and not easily accessible for reference. Blizzard provides these files as a convenience for AddOn developers and the community in general.
Just as there is no official Blizzard support for WoW AddOn development, there is no official support for the AddOn Toolkit either. However Blizzard had maintained a new Interface AddOn Kit and support page for every major version of WoW up until and including the release of the base Patch 4.0 for Cataclysm.
Blizzard's UI AddOn Kit Downloads Edit
- Go to the download page: Download the World of Warcraft Interface AddOn Kit
- Download the appropriate ZIP files:
- Art Work (350+ MB): http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/interface/WoW_Interface_art.zip
- US - English (< 2 MB): http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/interface/WoW_Interface_enUS.zip
- US - Spanish: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/interface/WoW_Interface_esMX.zip
- EU - English: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/interface/WoW_Interface_enGB.zip
- EU - Spanish: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/interface/WoW_Interface_esES.zip
- EU - French: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/interface/WoW_Interface_frFR.zip
- EU - Russian: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/interface/WoW_Interface_ruRU.zip
- Korean: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/interface/WoW_Interface_koKR.zip
- Taiwanese: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/interface/WoW_Interface_zhTW.zip
- Make sure you have a Blizzard Interface Data/ folder in your World of Warcraft/ folder (Blizzard Interface Data (enGB)/ for EU English client). You may have to create it.
- Unzip WoW_Interface_art.zip and move/copy Interface/ to Blizzard Interface Data/
- Unzip WoW_Interface_code.zip and move/copy AddOns/ and FrameXML/ to Blizzard Interface Data/