Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared.
|Type||Offensive and Utility|
Rank table Edit
- Does not stack with chance to miss % of other insect swarm.
- Unlike a lot of other DoT spells which deal damage every 3 seconds, Insect Swarm deals damage every 2 seconds, meaning 6 ticks will occur in its duration of 12 seconds (7 over 14 seconds if you have Nature's Splendor).
Improved Insect Swarm: Increases your damage done by your Wrath spell to targets afflicted by your Insect Swarm by 1-3%, and increases the critical strike chance of your Starfire spell by 1-3% on targets afflicted by your Moonfire spell.
Tips and TacticsEdit
- The talent is useful when used in conjunction with Moonfire. In addition, it's a cheap DoT that gains 120% from your +spell damage, which makes it desirable for certain balance builds and one of the most mana-efficient DoTs in the game.
- In a raiding perspective the damage mitigation with the chance to miss helps with the survival of the main tank.
- Unlike most (all?) Druid spells, Insect Swarm does not interrupt the swing timer. 
Patch changes Edit
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): No longer a talent, available to all druids.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): The bonus damage from spell power on this damage-over-time ability has been increased significantly to match similar spells on other classes (from 76% to 120%).
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Tooltip corrected to indicate it does not affect hit chance with spells.