|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
|Improved Drain Soul|
|Casting time||Unknown sec cast|
Rank table Edit
|Rank||Mana Return||Threat Reduction|
In order for this talent's mana return to activate, the warlock or its minion must land the killing blow, which can be tricky in groups.
The threat reduction of the talent makes it attractive for group and solo play.
Destruction warlocks should consider getting this talent if they are to be doing any PVE, it is a vital tool for mana regeneration which they otherwise lack compared to the other specs.
- To best achieve the mana return when spamming DDs, ensure there is enough range between the warlock and the target so that Drain Soul can be cast whilst the DD is reaching it. This is easy on caster and ranged mobs. For melee mobs, let the Voidwalker or Felguard keep it at the distance. Reduce the mobs health such that it is one shot from death. Send in the executing shot and follow immediately with a Drain Soul. The DD flies slowly, and the Drain Soul connects instantly, before the DD lands and kills the mob.
Patch changes Edit
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Removed.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This talent now reduces threat by 10%/20%, up from 5%/10%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): This talent will no longer trigger when a creature other than the one you are draining dies.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Abilities and items that are triggered when you kill a target are also now triggered when your pet kills a target.