- Trap Mastery (Survival Talent): Increases periodic damage by 10%/20%/30%.
- Resourcefulness (Survival Talent): Reduces the mana cost of all traps and melee abilities by 20%/40%/60% and reduces the cooldown of all traps by 2/4/6 sec.
- Immolation Trap is the trap you will most often use while grinding and solo-ing. The standard operating procedure is to lay the trap just outside of the mob's aggro radius and then back up to maximum range. Timed correctly, when you pull the mob it will encounter your pet just after it hits the trap.
- Immolation Traps are also best used for boss fights in instances, as generally, the more DoTs on a boss the better.
- Immolation Traps are also useful when fighting Elementals, as elementals generally have heavy armor and are immune to stings.
- While overshadowed by Explosive Trap in long-term/multi-target damage, against single moving targets this can be slightly better.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Trap Mastery now only increases periodic damage done by Immolation Trap and Explosive Trap
Previously increased all damage.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Fixed a bug where lower level versions of Immolation Trap were being resisted more than they should be.