Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kael'thas and his blood elves pledge their allegiance to Illidan's forces, and he promises to give them other sources of magic. Illidan also reveals that Kil'jaeden offered him untold power and a true place amongst the remaining lords of the Burning Legion if he destroyed the Frozen Throne. Giving the reason of his trying to tear Northrend apart.
- Illidan Stormrage: "You were right to come to me, Kael. I share the pain of your addiction--your hunger for magic."
- Prince Kael'thas: "Can you help us, Lord Illidan? Can you cure us?"
- Illidan Stormrage: "There is no cure, young one. But there are ways to feed the hunger. Follow me, and I will grant your people more magic than they can imagine."
- Prince Kael'thas: "So be it. Lord Illidan, my fellow blood elves and I humbly pledge ourselves to your service."
- Illidan Stormrage: "Then arise, young Kael. You shall be my right hand and the harbinger of my wrath."
- Prince Kael'thas: "What of your plans, master?"
- Illidan Stormrage: "Hmm. Many months after the Legion's defeat at the Battle of Mount Hyjal, I was visited by one of the last great demonlords--Kil'jaeden."
- Kil'jaeden: "Illidan, in the past you have been both friend and foe to the Burning Legion. But, by consuming the Skull of Gul'dan, you sealed our defeat in this world. I come to offer you a second chance to serve us."
- Illidan Stormrage: "What would you have me do, great one?"
- Kil'jaeden: "My creation, the Lich King, has betrayed me. He dared to break the pact that binds him to my will, but his spirit still lies trapped inside the Frozen Throne of Icecrown. Destroy it for me, and I will grant you your heart's desire."
- Illidan Stormrage: "It shall be done, great one. It shall be done."
- Illidan Stormrage: "At Dalaran, I attempted to use the Eye of Sargeras to melt away the polar icecaps surrounding the Icecrown Glacier. If the spell had succeeded, the Lich King would have been vanquished forever."
- Vashj: "But the cursed night elves intervened."
- Illidan Stormrage: "And the spell went awry. Given my failure, I fled to this desolate place to evade Kil'jaeden's wrath. Now, if I am to remain here in exile, we will need to ensure that Kil'jaeden's agents have been cleansed from the land."