- 4 floors and 12 boss encounters
- Waypoints and teleporters are being reused here because the instance is really big. The instance is built around the spire where the Frozen Throne sits
- On the second floor, players will have to board an airship with their faction's military leader and race against the other faction to reach the third floor. Players will eventually board their ship with rocket packs and use cannons to fight them
- The third floor seems to be the biggest one and will feature 3 wings
- The fourth floor is where players will fight the Lich King.
Icecrown Citadel will be home of the updated instance difficulty setting which can be changed on a boss per boss basis. It will be able to be switched at any time during a raid without leaving and reentering the instance.
Some restrictions on when you cannot change it will be in place. Such as, you cannot change the difficulty in combat or during certain scripted events. To enable it you will have first have to have defeated the Lich King on normal mode, and heroic mode will not affect trash in any way and will only change the bosses.
Icecrown Citadel will be split into four sections for release, in the following order: The Lower Spire (the first four bosses), the Plagueworks (the next three), the Crimson Hall (the next two), and Frostwing Halls (the last three). There will be a period of some weeks after the opening of the first section before going on into the second. The Lich King may not be fought until Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel and Sindragosa are dead. Any heroic modes may not be attempted until the Lich King has been defeated on normal mode, and you cannot face the Lich King on heroic mode during that week's lockout unless you defeat Putricide, Lana'thel and Sindragosa on heroic mode.
In addition, there will be limited attempts on the four most difficult encounters - Putricide, Lana'thel, Sindragosa, and the Lich King - similar to the Argent Crusade Tribute Chest for Trial of the Grand Crusader (with the difference of there being no reward for completing the instance before the attempts run out). This symbolizes the support (in the form of troops and material) provided by the Ashen Verdict. The number of available attempts will increase in increments as the raid sections open; when the second section (with Putricide) opens, players will have five attempts; the third (Lana'thel) will boost that to ten, and the final (Sindragosa/Lich King) will boost it to a total of fifteen. The number will increase further in the weeks after all twelve encounters are open, indicating the growing strength of the Ashen Verdict. Once all of the attempts run out, these four bosses will despawn for the week.
- The first wing of the Citadel, Lower Spire was opened with content patch 3.3.0 on December 8, 2009.
- The second wing of the Citadel, the Plagueworks, was opened on US servers on January 5, 2010.
- The third wing, the Crimson Hall, was opened two weeks later, on January 19.
- The fourth wing, the Frostwing Halls and Frozen Throne, was opened with content patch 3.3.2 on February 2, 2010.
Ghostcrawler stated that there would be 31 bosses in the Citadel, but later admitted it was a joke. It was later confirmed at Blizzcon that Icecrown would contain 12 bosses, plus an additional 7 in the 5-man wings.
Bosses and encountersEdit
- , master of the Scourge, is the final boss of Icecrown Citadel.
NPCs, bosses and monstersEdit
- Main article: Icecrown Citadel loot
|10-player mode||25-player mode||Objective|
|( )||( )||Defeat the first four bosses in Icecrown Citadel|
|Defeat without anyone being impaled for more than 8 seconds|
|Defeat with at least five different types of Cultists active at the time of her demise|
|Claim victory in the Gunship Battle without any raid member visiting the enemy gunship more than once|
|Defeat the before Mark of the Fallen Champion is cast two (10man), five (25man) times|
|( )||( )||Defeat the bosses of The Plagueworks in Icecrown Citadel|
|Defeat while none of the players in your raid group ever had 3 stacks of Inoculated|
|Defeat without a Big Ooze casting Unstable Ooze Explosion|
|Defeat without using Regurgitated Ooze on the Abomination|
|( )||( )||Defeat the bosses of The Crimson Hall in Icecrown Citadel|
|Defeat the without anyone in the raid taking more than 21,000 spell damage in a single hit.|
|Defeat the once as a vampire and again without becoming a vampire|
|( )||( )||Defeat the bosses of The Frostwing Halls in Icecrown Citadel|
|Enter every portal spawned by before healing her to full health|
|Defeat without any member of your raid receiving more than 4 stacks of Mystic Buffet.|
|( )||( )||Defeat every boss in Icecrown Citadel|
|Defeat the in Icecrown Citadel|
|Defeat the Lich King in Icecrown Citadel in Heroic mode|
|Allow Necrotic Plague to stack to 30 before defeating the Lich King|
|Kill every Vile Spirit that spawns before it explodes and then defeat the Lich King|
- Hotfix (2010-07-20): Hellscream's Warsong and Strength of Wrynn increased to 30%.
- Patch 3.3.5 (2010-06-22): Hellscream's Warsong and Strength of Wrynn increased to 25%. (Source)
- Hotfix (2010-05-25): Hellscream's Warsong and Strength of Wrynn increased to 20%.
- Hotfix (2010-04-27): Hellscream's Warsong and Strength of Wrynn increased to 15%.
- Hotfix (2010-03-30): Hellscream's Warsong and Strength of Wrynn increased to 10%.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Hellscream's Warsong and Strength of Wrynn now provide their bonuses to player pet health and damage, as well as the absorption amounts of Power Word: Shield and Sacred Shield.
- Hotfix (2010-03-02): Hellscream's Warsong and Strength of Wrynn activated at 5%.
- Patch 3.3.2 (2010-01-02): Frostwing Halls, the final stronghold of the Scourge and their Lich King, has been added.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Added.
- ^ http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=20677335705&sid=1
- ^ Daelo 2009-11-19. MMO-Champion BlueTracker - Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression. Archived from the original on 2009-11-18.
- ^ Error on call to Template:ref web: Parameters url and title must be specifiedDaelo 2010-02-09. .
- ^ Bornakk 2010-01-05. MMO-Champion BlueTracker - New Content today?. Archived from the original on 2010-01-05.
- ^ Ghostcrawler. Re: 3.3 is the Age of the Warriors.
- ^ Ghostcrawler. Re: 31 bosses in icecrown raid..
- ^ http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon/recaps/raid_dungeon-panel.xml