Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Population||Unknown, perhaps 250,000|
"Unknown,perhaps" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 250000.
|Ruler||The Lich King Arthas (former)|
Icecrown, also known as Ice Crown, is a zone composed of mostly Icecrown Glacier and the immediate area around it. Icecrown is surrounded by mountains to the south. The ground is neither frozen earth nor covered with snow; it is solid ice. Hence, nothing grows here.
The name of Icecrown became infamous when Kil'jaeden hurled the Lich King back into the mortal world. Ner'zhul's prison slammed into the glacier and created the Frozen Throne. The impact was seen as far away as the Grizzly Hills. Here the Lich King remained until freed by Arthas, and the two beings merged into Arthas' body. From the Icecrown Citadel, he commands the Scourge.
Apparently, troops of the Scarlet Crusade succeeded in approaching the stronghold during a counter offensive, but in the end were repelled by the Scourge. Orman of Stromgarde was the highest-ranking human among the countless casualties of this failed assault.
In World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Icecrown, previously ravaged by the tremendous force unleashed when Arthas and the Lich King merged into a single being, has been heavily fortified by the Scourge. Massive walls and ramparts have been erected throughout the region and Angrathar the Wrathgate bars entry from the bordering Dragonblight, while the reconstructed Icecrown Citadel looms overhead.
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Trial of the Champion||80||5-player||20 minutes|
|Trial of the Crusader (Heroic)||80 (Raid)||10/25-player||1-2 hours|
|Frozen Halls: Forge of Souls||80||5-player||20-30 minutes|
|Frozen Halls: Pit of Saron||80||5-player||1 hour|
|Frozen Halls: Halls of Reflection||80||5-player||30 min - 1 hour|
|Icecrown Citadel||80 (Raid)||10/25-player||5+ hours|
Regions adjacent to IcecrownEdit
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Lake Wintergrasp||PvP||Southwest||By flight path|
|The Dragonblight||71-75||South||By flight path|
|Sholazar Basin||75-78||West||By flight path|
|Crystalsong Forest||77-80||Southeast||By foot and flight path|
|Hrothgar's Landing||77-80||North||By flying mount|
|The Storm Peaks||77-80||East||By flight path|
Notable characters Edit
- Tirion Fordring in Argent Vanguard and later, at Crusaders' Pinnacle
- Crusader Bridenbrad at Silent Vigil
Knights of the Ebon BladeEdit
- The Ebon Watcher (Darion Mograine) at Valley of Echoes and in Argent Vanguard
- Thassarian onboard The Skybreaker
- Koltira Deathweaver onboard Orgrim's Hammer
- Baron Sliver at Shadow Vault
See Icecrown quests
Wild creatures Edit
- Due to the heavy Scourge presence in Icecrown, both the Horde and the Alliance are using flying gunships as their base of operations in Icecrown instead of the traditional ground base. However, both Horde and Alliance have an Argent base camp known as Argent Vanguard, which is located in the southeast of the zone. New players to the zone should start here in order to pick up important quests which will update many phases of the zone. 
- In Lands of Mystery, the zone was called "Icecrown Glacier".
Battle.net map Edit