Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cooldown||25 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Ice Barrier is a mage talent available at level 30. It shields the caster for up to 60 seconds, absorbing damage similar to a priest's Power Word: Shield spell. The shield absorbs physical, magical, and most environmental damage (fall damage is not absorbed.) Damage from DoTs such as poison is also absorbed.
Ice Barrier stacks with other damage shield spells such as Power Word: Shield.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): The damage absorbed by Ice Barrier has been reduced by 25%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Minor update.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Ice Barrier base absorption value has been increased by approximately 120%. In addition, the benefit from spell power has been increased by approximately 8%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The mana cost on these spells has been reduced by approximately 15%.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Using low ranks of this spell will now be penalized the same way healing spells are penalized.
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): The talent, Ice Block, required to obtain Ice Barrier was removed from the Frost (talent tree), moving Cold Snap up in its place to make room for a new talent, Icy Veins.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Ice Barrier will gain an additional benefit from frost spell damage gear, however the base amount of damage absorbed for ranks 5 and 6 has been lowered.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Ice Barrier Rank 6 was added.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Ice Barrier received an overhaul in the 1.11 mage talent review. The spell was changed to stack with Power Word: Shield (which previously overwrote it), had its cooldown reduced from 2 minutes to 30 seconds, gained the benefit of frost spell damage, and was prioritized to absorb damage before Mana Shield, thus saving mana when using both shields.