Ice Armor is a mage spell that grants a self buff which increases armor and frost resistance, and has a chance to snare attackers. Enemies that attack with melee have a chance to become chilled, slowing their movement and attack speed. This is an improved version of Frost Armor.
The amount of frost resistance granted is the same amount granted by similar ranks of Mage Armor, which gives resistance to all schools.
Only one armor self-buff can be active at a time.
Frost Warding: Increases the armor and resistance bonuses of Frost Armor by up to 50% at max rank.
Glyph of Ice Armor: Your Ice Armor and Frost Armor spells grant an additional 50% armor and resistance.
Glyph of Frost Armor: Increases the duration of your Frost Armor and Ice Armor spells by 30 min.
Tips and tacticsEdit
The snare effect means never having to fight aggressive mobs you'd rather run past, assuming they don't resist every time. On foot, a chasing creature will get in 2 or 3 hits (some things run faster and swing faster than others) before you outpace them; mounted characters will be hit a single time before getting away. A very good thing to be able to do.
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): Frost Armor, Ice Armor, Mage Armor, and Molten Armor are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Rank 5 will now still trigger a chill effect when all damage received is prevented by a damage shield, such as Mana Shield.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Fixed a bug where the Chilled effect caused by Ice Armor was not removed properly when shapeshifting.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no longer be affected by the Chill's movement slowing effect. Targets will still have their melee attack speed reduced.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Mana cost reduced.