Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
With Patch 3.0.2, hunter pets have been simplified and streamlined very much.
Significant changes are:
- There is no longer a need to learn pet skills and teach them to pets. There are no training points. All pets know all skills for their family and level, and learn as they level.
- There are three classes of pet, tenacity, ferocity, and cunning, corresponding roughly to tanking, dps, and PvP. All pet families within a class share a stat build and pet talent tree. (Hunter Pets now have talents.)
- All pet families now have one focus dump attack, which are all equivalent.
- All pet families now have one, a few two, special abilities.
- No more mage-build pets.
- All pets can growl and cower.
- There is no longer an active training slot trade-off to consider.
- So, now, all pet families are viable (but details of the special abilities vary). Significantly, they've all been brought up to the capability of the more capable classes.
- Feeding is simplified. Most pets have more options for food, a few have less, (but more eat meat), but pets no longer run away. There is no loyalty stat. Pets do still have happiness, which affects their effectiveness.
- Pet leveling is easier, but more significantly, any low level pet is bumped up to five levels below the hunter. This can occur when you tame a very low level pet, or if you leave a pet in the stable while you level.
- Pet optimization is now about selecting pet talents. It is similar to how training was, but there is no trainer involved; it works just like your talents, except pets get talents at level twenty and every four levels.
- There are a few more pet families. Owls and carrion birds have been combined.
- There are some new exotic pet families; these require the Beast Mastery hunter talent to use.
- You can buy two more slots in the stable, four total. And you no longer need to keep an opening for pets to learn skills from.