|This article concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.|
|Faction/Affiliation||Independent, Horde (Forest Hozen)|
|Secondary language(s)||Common, Orcish|
The Hozen are a race of monkey-like creatures native to Pandaria. They are mischievous in nature, often playing pranks on the local pandaren. They are expected to play a major role in the dungeon, Stormstout Brewery, which they have overrun. When Horde players arrive at the Jade Forest, they hope to make an partnership with the Hozen for resources. They have historically raided the Jinyu and have been longtime enemies.
The Hozen are uncannily dexterous foragers and hunters who dwell in clans among treetops and mountains of Pandaria. They’re extremely short-lived (their elders are often no older than twenty) and their society lacks roots (and rules) as a result. Uncouth and impulsive, Hozen nonetheless play, live and squabble together... at least until their clans grow so large that they collapse into multiple smaller groups.
The other races of Pandaria are careful to avoid Hozen hunting grounds, as their notoriously short tempers grow even shorter when their hunger pushes entire clans, including elderly and young Hozen, to ravage food sources outside of their territory, either gathering enough food or seeing enough Hozen die in the process to ensure the survivors’ continued health.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Added.
- ^ Preview Panel for Mists of Pandaria at BlizzCon 2011
- ^ Dungeons and Raids panel. WoW Dungeons and Raids Panel. Retrieved on 2011-10-21.
- ^ Boubouille 2012-03-19. Mists of Pandaria Press Tour. MMO Champion.
- ^ Bestiary. Official World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria site (US). Retrieved on 2012-03-19.