|Faction/Affiliation||Independent, Horde (Forest Hozen), Tillers, Pandaren|
|Secondary language(s)||Common, Orcish|
The Hozen are a race of monkey-like creatures native to Pandaria. They are mischievous in nature, often playing pranks on the local pandaren. They are expected to play a major role in the dungeon, Stormstout Brewery, which they have overrun. When Horde players arrive at the Jade Forest, they hope to make a partnership with the Hozen for resources. They have historically raided the Jinyu and have been longtime enemies.
At the height of their empire, the jinyu held close ties with the hozen. Both agreed to help the other withstand the onslaught of the mogu. Yet on the eve of the jinyu's final stand against Lei Shen, the hozen betrayed them. The jinyu's so-called allies had secretly pledged their loyalties to the Thunder King in exchange for preferential treatment ( a promise that was never kept). This act of treachery ensured the jinyu's defeat and ignited a bitter racial feud between them and the hozen that would last for generations.
The Hozen are uncannily dexterous foragers and hunters who dwell in clans among treetops and mountains of Pandaria. They’re extremely short-lived (their elders are often no older than twenty) and their society lacks roots (and rules) as a result. Uncouth and impulsive, Hozen nonetheless play, live and squabble together... at least, until their clans grow so large that they collapse into multiple smaller groups.
The other races of Pandaria are careful to avoid Hozen hunting grounds, as their notoriously short tempers grow even shorter when their hunger pushes entire clans, including elderly and young Hozen, to ravage food sources outside of their territory, either gathering enough food or seeing enough Hozen die in the process to ensure the survivors’ continued health.
It's not known how Hozen came to be, but their origins can be speculated to came from one of these sources:
- Monkey that drank water from Vale of Eternal Blossoms, just like Jinyu evolved from Murlocs the same ways. Thay are also sometimes referred as Monkeys. Monkeys are of the more "intelligent" Beasts. Evolution tree listed below:
- Hozen are in some ways similar to Troggs. Troggs are devolved Earthen from a side effect of Curse of Flesh. Hozen might have once been Vrykul in Pandaria affected with a same curse, that devolved them from Vrykul, just like Troggs did devolved from Earthen. Hozen are just as similars to Troggs, just like Humans are similar to Dwarves. Hozen are just as similar to Vrykul like Earthen are to Troggs, if even more. The Monkey King is very large in size, just like Vrykul are. The Titans created the Tol'vir civilizations in Uldum and Ulduar. The Tol'vir society in Northrend disappeared because they were enslaved by Nerubians. It may have been a Vrykul society that devolved into Hozen in Pandaria. It wasn't until World of Warcraft: Cataclysm the Tol'vir society in Northrend was discovered. So it might be possible. During The Sundering of the World Humans of the brink of extinction, it was only in Lordaeron they survived because Thoradin united them when all the other Humans died out. Hozen might have a similar story as they were united in Pandaria and all other hozen died out, as they are just as inteligent as Humans and don't live that long as Humans do, their story has not been written down. Evolution tree listed below:
- Broketooth tribe
- Fe-Feng tribe
- Grookin tribe
- Knucklethump tribe
- Kunzen tribe
- Ookin tribe
- Oona tribe
- Silverback tribe
- Slingtail tribe
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Added.
- ^ Preview Panel for Mists of Pandaria at BlizzCon 2011
- ^ Dungeons and Raids panel. WoW Dungeons and Raids Panel. Retrieved on 2011-10-21.
- ^ Boubouille 2012-03-19. Mists of Pandaria Press Tour. MMO Champion.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 82
- ^ Bestiary. Official World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria site (US). Retrieved on 2012-03-19.