Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hook of the Master Angler turns you into a fish! How cool is THAT!?
- The type of fish you turn into is a frenzy, the Warcraft version of a piranha.
- Has a 30 second cooldown after equipping before it can be used. After this, it has no cooldown.
- Consumes no mana to transform, since the item does the transformation and works for all classes.
- (unlike druid seal form, which can be temporarily unavailable to a druid who is too low on mana.)
- When you shift into fish form, you regain your breath as if you were above water. It'll typically take a few seconds to regain your breath.
- Speed increase is approximately 35%. (You won't be able to keep up with a druid in aquatic form normally.)
- Travel speed is 90%, which is not as fast as a druids aquatic form as stated above. However a druid must drop aquatic form to drink a Swim Speed Potion, wherein you can use the such a potion without breaking the "Fish Form". Travel speed with a is noticeably faster than a druid in aquatic form. Travel speed with a Swim Speed Potion is 156%. However, if the druid is using the , he will still be faster.
- If you are a Rogue it should be noted that you can stealth underwater first, then use the trinket which does not break your stealth (useful for going afk underwater).
- Like the druid's Aquatic Form, if you are transformed into a fish and jump out of the water at the surface, even if you immediately dive back into the water, your buff will automatically dispel itself.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The former 5-second cooldown was removed and the increase in swim speed was increased from 25% to 35%.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Added.