- For the pre-Patch 4.0.1 version of Honor points, see Honor point (pre-4.0.1). For the small Alliance outpost in Hellfire Peninsula, see Honor Point (Hellfire Peninsula).
- Honor point
- Binds when picked up
Honor points are one of the new two PvP currencies introduced in Patch 4.0.1. They replace the identically-named, pre-Patch 4.0.1 Honor points, Arena points, and various other forms of currencies and tokens in use before that point. A higher level currency was also added called Conquest points to replace some higher level PvP tokens.
- When your Faction has control of Wintergrasp, killing Wrath of the Lich King Heroic Bosses now awards Honor points.
Honor Points can be exchanged for rewards from the Champions' Hall in Stormwind and from the Hall of Legends in Orgrimmar. Supply officers from each battleground will also exchange them for various items.
- <League of Arathor Supply Officer>, Refuge Pointe in Arathi Highlands
- <Defilers Supply Officer>, Hammerfall in Arathi Highlands
- <Silverwing Supply Officer>, located southwest of Silverwing Outpost at the south edge of Ashenvale
- , located in Mor'shan Base Camp in the Northern Barrens
- <Stormpike Supply Officer>, located just south of the Alterac Mountains in Hillsbrad Foothills
- <Frostwolf Supply Officer>, located north of Tarren Mill in Hillsbrad Foothills
- <Honor Quartermaster>, The Underbelly of Dalaran, Crystalsong Forest
- <Legacy Arena Weapons>, The Underbelly of Dalaran, Crystalsong Forest
- <Honor Quartermaster>, Gadgetzan, Tanaris
- <Legacy Arena Armor>, Gadgetzan, Tanaris
- <Legacy Arena Weapons>, Gadgetzan, Tanaris
Conversion of previous currencies
Much like with old PvE currencies (badges of justice and emblems), old PvP currencies (including the pre-4.0.1 Honor points), will be immediately converted to the new honor points at the following ratios:
|Old currency||1x Old currency in Honor points||1x Honor point in old currency|
|Old Honor point (pre-4.0.1)||0.024||41.667|
|Pre-4.0 Arena point||0.85||1.176|
|Battleground Mark of Honor||2.976||0.336|
The normal cap of honor points will be 4,000 (paralleling Justice points). If players are granted more than 4,000 honor points as a result of this one-time conversion, they will be unable to earn any more until the excess has been spent.
Come Patch 4.0.3, any honor points in excess of 4,000 will immediately be converted to gold at a rate of 35 per honor point.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Hard cap of 4,000 Honor points enforced.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Honor has been adjusted completely. Any activity which yields Honor will now award much less. The Honor cost of items has been reduced to compensate.