|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
Holy Power is a talent in the Holy tree which requires 25 points in Holy to max it. It increases the critical effect chance of your Holy spells. Many paladin abilities are unpredictable or ambiguous in regard to whether they use melee or spell mechanics. Generally, Retribution abilities will use melee mechanics, while Holy and Protection abilities will use spell mechanics. This talent affects spell crit mechanics.
Rank table Edit
|Rank||Critical Effect Chance|
Affected abilities Edit
Unaffected abilities Edit
- Consecration is an area DoT and thus incapable of a critical hit.
- Seal of Righteousness is not affected by this talent, as it is incapable of critical effects.
- Seal of Vengeance is a DoT and thus incapable of critting.
- Seal of Blood uses melee critical chance.
- Seal of Command uses melee critical chance.
- Judgement of Blood uses melee critical chance.
- Judgement of Command uses melee critical chance.
- Hammer of Wrath uses melee critical chance.
- Holy Shield may have been given a critical hit chance in a recent patch (unverified). It was originally incapable.
- Avenger's Shield sources offer conflicting information about whether it relies on spell or melee crit mechanics. The majority seem to favor melee crit.