Holy Nova is a priest ability learned at level 20 for those with the Discipline specialization. It causes damage to all enemies within twelve yards and also heals up to five allies within range, dividing the healing equally among them. It causes no threat.
Modified by Edit
- Core abilities
- Discipline abilities
- It can be used in aggro-sensitive fights to avoid getting aggro.
- Holy Nova generates no threat. However, it will put you on the aggro table, so if no other player is attacking a mob, the mob will attack you.
- Holy Nova was originally a 31-point holy talent, and has been subject to many tweaks over time, including changes in cooldown, mana cost, and actual effect. Prior to Warlords of Draenor it was learned via glyph.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Holy Nova is no longer available through a Major Glyph.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Divine Aegis: Ranks 1 and 2 will now work with Holy Nova.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Mana cost reduced approximately 20%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Mana cost reduced. This spell was changed to no longer be obtained via a Holy talent. It has since been learned from a trainer, while its place in the Holy tree has been taken by Desperate Prayer with the removal of priest racial spells.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Now gain additional benefit from spell damage and healing bonuses.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Rank 2 will no longer receive double the intended increase in range from Holy Reach.
- Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006): Self cooldown on this spell removed. Mana cost increased.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Cooldown decreased.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Now causes an explosion of holy light around the caster, causing Holy damage to all enemy targets within 10 yards and healing all party members within 10 yards. These effects now cause no threat as opposed to reducing threat temporarily.