- For her father, see High General Abbendis.
High General Brigitte Abbendis was one of the founders of the original Scarlet Crusade.
Brigitte Abbendis is perhaps the most fervent of all the leaders of the Crusade. She hates the undead with a fanatical loathing and thinks nothing of sacrificing her troops in an effort to eradicate the walking dead. Brigitte is the daughter of the previous High General Abbendis, an older man who sought to destroy all undead. He passed that mission onto his daughter before he died at the hands of the undead.
Brigitte was one of the members of the Silver Hand present when then-Commander Alexandros Mograine revealed his plan to forge the weapon that would become known as Ashbringer, and participated in the act of cleansing the sword's crystal. She seemed to accompany Tirion Fordring and Isillien at that meeting in Old Hillsbrad. She, her father High General Abbendis, Grand Inquisitor Isillien, Saidan Dathrohan, Taelan Fordring, and Renault Mograine formed the Crusade. She was promoted to High General after the death of her father.
In the comic, her father is present at this meeting, but she is not. Tirion is also not present in the comic.
She has a little known daughter, , who she left behind in the Eastern Plaguelands when she went to Northrend to found New Hearthglen. Unfortunately, Lynnia appears to have become a victim of the Plague of Undeath and likely does not remember her mother.
In World of Warcraft EditThis section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
As High General Abbendis, she was a level 59 elite rare mob human in Tyr's Hand in the Eastern Plaguelands. She could frequently be found visiting the city's abbey or planning the Crusade's military operations in the garrison.
The Burning Crusade EditThis section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
Wrath of the Lich King EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
New Avalon Edit
She is involved in the following quests:
New Hearthglen Edit
details her campaign in Lordaeron up until the events unfolding in Northrend.
Both the Alliance and the Horde want Abbendis' head, as indicated in the following quests:
Encounter in the Dragonblight Edit
- "You've come to test the might of the Onslaught?"
- "Deal with them quickly. I don't have time for this!".
- "You may want to rethink your actions, fools!"
- "Am I going to have to deal with this intrusion myself?"
At fifty percent health:
- "Now I'll show you the real power of the Onslaught!"
- ^ http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?p=71903
- ^ a b Jeremy Feasel 2014-04-11. #tbt Few knew that Brigette Abbendis had a daughter, Lynnia, that she left behind to journey to Northrend... http://www.wowhead.com/npc=10828/. Twitter.com.
- ^ Issue 2 - Ashes to Ashes
- ^ Dark Factions, pg. 156-157
- ^ Lands of Conflict, pg. 165
- ^ Monster Guide, pg. 152
- ^ Dark Factions, pg. 155
- ^ Corrupted Ashbringer/Scarlet Monastery Event
|Old Hillsbrad Foothills||New Hearthglen||Scarlet Hold||Scarlet Enclave|
| Preceded by:|
Balnazzar(As leader of the Scarlet Crusade)
Leader of the Scarlet Onslaught
| Succeeded by:|
| Preceded by:|
Leader of the Humans in Lordaeron
| Succeeded by:|