|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.2.
|Hex of Weakness|
|Mental Agility, Shadow Focus, Shadow Reach|
- The healing debuff does not stack with any class's debuffs: Mortal Strike, Wound Poison, nor Aimed Shot; although the damage penalty now stacks with either Touch of Weakness or Curse of Weakness.
- Obtained by Troll Priests only through at level 10. However troll priests can simply purchase the ability from a priest trainer should she choose to level in Tirisfal Glades, Eversong Woods or Mulgore.
- This debuff is actually considered a curse and can be removed by Remove Curse.
Tips and tacticsEdit
- Very useful against other priests as it cannot be dispelled, causing decreased functionality of heals and Vampiric Embrace.
- Provides some use on Ebonroc if no mortal striking warrior exists in the raid group.
- Useful against dual wielding classes as the damage reduction causes a significant amount of reduction in damage taken over longer fights. Two handed classes will see very small impact on damage done, and as such the spell is not cost effective on such classes.
- Regardless of class this is still useful as it can lower bandage and potion effects which are often used in PvP (and it's usually best to have them suffer as much loss as possible). Talents/spells which improve healing on non-healers such as a rogue's Quick Recovery or a warlock's Fel Armor are also nullified, giving them only half the potential use they could have been. Also especially useful against any druid since they aren't normally expecting curses from priests.
- Casting a lower rank just for the -20% healing is also a viable option if you want to save mana when fighting against non-feral druids/mages and casters in general.
- In PvP situations this debuff is not only mana efficient, its effects are practical on all targets. Using Rank 1 of the spell, your priest not only has a cost efficient mini-MS, but at the same time, the cost makes it practical to cast on all targets.
- Against shamans, the rank 1 being instant cast and costing only 35 mana makes it a great Grounding Totem killer.
Past changes Edit
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Removed.
- Patch 2.2.0 (25-Sep-2007): No longer requires a quest and can now be trained at 10.