A hero unit (also simply called a hero) is a unit-type in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and the expansion Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Hero units are very special units. They have the ability to advance in levels, collect items in a small inventory, and confer special benefits to the units near them.
- Hero units can level up to become stronger. He or she earns more attribute points and can learn new abilities or improve existing ones.
- The level cap is 10, but can be changed in custom maps.
- The three hero attributes are:
- Strength – Increases hit points and hit point regeneration.
- Agility – Increases armor, attack speed and movement speed.
- Intelligence – Increases mana and mana regeneration.
- Each hero unit has a primary attribute. Besides its usual effect, it increases the hero's base damage.
- A hero unit can carry up to six items that increase his or her attributes or have some other special effect.
- When a hero unit dies, he or she can be revived at an altar or at a tavern (The Frozen Throne only) for a price depending on the level of the hero unit.
Melee games Edit
- A player may have up to three different hero units.
- Every hero unit starts at level 1, with 1 point to assign to an ability.
- Hero units can be trained at altars or at a tavern (The Frozen Throne only).
- The name of the hero is randomly chosen.
- In campaigns, hero units are often major characters in the plot. There are however melee hero units in some missions.
- Usually, the player can't train any other hero units.
- Hero units that represent characters are carried through the campaign. They keep their items, experience and abilities.
- The level cap can be different per mission, to prevent the hero unit from reaching level 10 too fast.
See also Edit
External links Edit