Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I recently created a Template:Mobbox that closely imitates the Template:Npcbox. I applied it to the boilerplate and messed with a few things, feel free to change it, but please post what you do and why here so I can help make it better. -- 02:24, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
I left the stub alone since it was on the original boilerplate, but it seems sort of silly - other boilerplates don't have stubs attached to them, its up to the person making the article to attach a stub if it isn't completely filled out. I think I will remove the stub for now, feel free to replace it if you think it ought to be there. -- 15:05, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
Experience per kill Edit
Is this section really necessary? As far as I know, experience is just based on levels, not on the specific mob. I understand the reputation per kill, but the experience per kill section just seems unnecessary. I am going to remove it, but if someone objects of course add it back in and we can discuss here. -- 17:49, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- Experiance is calculated by the difference between the player's level and the mob's level, and is increased or decreased by other factors like whether the mob is elite or whatever. However, normal mobs of the same level should all give the same amount of experiance to a player. Therefore, it has no place on a mob page, as the specific creature has little to do with the actual experiance. --Mikaka 09:42, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
Attack/Strategy Info Edit
What do others think about these two categories? Clearly they are vital for bosses and special mobs, but how important are they for general mobs? Personally I think they should be added / removed on a case-by-case basis. My main question is, if I create a page for a general mob but don't include the attack section, should it be stubbed? -- 18:01, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- The boilerplate should almost -never- be followed exactly. If there's not enough information about the mob, then leave it stubbed. :) Otherwise, take the stub off. --Sky (t · c · w) 19:16, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, but my question was - when is the attack/strategy information needed? When is NOT having it still enough information (therefore no need for stub) and when is it needed (therefore stub if it is not present). Example: If I create a new page for a general mob but do not the know the attack information, do I need to stub it? Or can I just not include that section and NOT stub it, since for general mobs it isn't that important (especially for low level ones)? -- 21:34, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- Maybe a new section stub is needed, similar to Template:Stub/Strategy, that states the attacks and abilities of this mob are not known and that you can help by going out and recording the attacks and damage that this mob has.
- For general mobs, the strategy section is almost never needed, unless there is some trick to them. But knowing the abilities of random mobs is kind of useful. I've started something of this in the mobs in Deathknell. --Mikaka 23:00, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
Subst Only Edit
Hey Gryphon, I've never seen this tag before. Just curious, is there a reason we are using it on this boilerplate and not on others? Do you have to save the page once you use it to get the actual code to show up? It seems like copying and pasting was more efficient. -- 17:10, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, you have to save the page before the code shows up. They're testing the idea out here first before implementing it on other boilerplates. --Pcj (T•C) 17:15, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
- The idea is to help include/not include certain aspects of the article that is often overlooked by new people when just copy/pasting the source. A couple of variations are being worked on at the moment to try and come up with the best solution. --GRYPHONtc 17:20, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
Quotes section moved lower Edit
The quote section seems out of place where it currently is located (between strategies and rewards). Perhaps it could be moved either directly below the description or to the bottom? -- 05:15, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
For mobs that can be skinned/mined/gathered for herbs, can a tagline be added in the mob tooltip to that effect? Omaninnu 02:02, 24 October 2007 (UTC)