Healing Wave is a shaman ability learned at level 60 for those with the restoration specialization.
Modified by Edit
- Restoration abilities
- Healing Wave is the most mana efficient single target heal in the shaman's arsenal.
- The large amount healed and the relatively slow casting time means that it is often useful to begin casting Healing Wave on a target that is taking damage before the target needs the full amount of healing done as the target will continue to take damage while you cast the spell. It can even be situationally useful to begin casting the spell on a target that has not yet taken any damage if you expect them to take a lot of damage during the next few seconds. If the heal turns out to be unnecessary, you can simply stopcast the spell before it finishes.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): All healing critical strikes now heal for 2 times a normal heal (+100%), up from 1.5 times a normal heal (+50%).
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Level requirement is 7, and the spell is no longer free, available after character creation.
- Hotfix (2009-04-22): "The Thunderfall Totem will no longer increase the casting time of Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave when Tidal Waves is active. "
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): "Healing Wave" Ranks 11 and 12 will now benefit from the Shaman talent, "Healing Way."
- Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006): Mana cost on all ranks reduced approximately 9%.