|Healing Stream Totem|
|Cooldown||30 sec (GCD 1 sec)|
Healing Stream Totem is a core shaman ability learned at level 30. It heals the most injured party member within 40 yards, producing an instant heal, and then a heal every two seconds. It is not considered a heal over time ability, and so does not benefit from haste.
- (core ability, restoration effect)
- (core ability)
- ( enhancement spec ability)
- ( restoration spec ability)
- Glyph of Totemic Encirclement
- Item Level
- Minor Glyph
- Classes: Shaman
- Requires level 25
- Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.
When you cast a totem spell, you also place unempowered totems for any elements that are not currently active. These totems have 5 health and produce no other effects.
- Sell Price: 1
Healing Stream Totem is a Water totem, and thus cannot be used at the same time as another water totem. Like all shaman totems it only has 5 hit points and is easily targeted and destroyed. Unlike many other totems, Healing Stream Totem only affects a single party or raid member.
Healing Stream Totem gains a benefit from the caster's healing spell power, greatly increasing its effect. The totem used to use the spell power that the caster had at the time of casting for the full duration, but now adjusts it's output depending on on whatever buffs the shaman has at any particular moment, including temporary boosts such as activated trinkets.
Certain raid encounters temporarily increase your healing done. Placing a Healing Stream Totem at such a time can result in the totem healing for a very large amount each tick. As an example, the Serenity beam on the Netherspite encounter can increase the healing done by Healing Stream Totem by up to 250%, lasting the full five minutes.
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): All totems are now considered spells, and summoning totems can be prevented by silencing effects. Searing Totem, Magma Totem, and Fire Elemental totems fall into the Fire school, while all other totems fall under the Nature school.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): All healing critical strikes now heal for 2 times a normal heal (+100%), up from 1.5 times a normal heal (+50%).
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Totem duration increased from 2 to 5 minutes.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): The Global Cooldown of all Totems has been reduced to 1 seconds, down from 1.5 seconds.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Duration increased to 2 minutes.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Healing done now scales with bonus healing from gear. Mana cost reduced.