Healing Rain is a core shaman ability learned at level 60. It is an area-effect heal-over-time (HoT) spell that calls down rain in a selected area, healing all players within it. There is no limit to the number of players who can potentially be affected; however, there are diminishing returns when healing a large number of targets, much like the diminishing returns associated with AoE damage spells.
Modified by Edit
- Elemental abilities
- Enhancement abilities
- Restoration abilities
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Healing Rain's healing has been reduced by 30%, and the area-of-effect has been increased to 12 yards (up from 10 yards). In addition, Healing Rain now functions like a smart heal, healing the 6 most injured friendly targets within range, and minor guardians are no longer targeted (Wild Imps, Bloodworms, Snakes from Snake Traps, etc.). There has been no change to the total amount of healing granted by the ability.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Healing Rain had its mana cost reduced by 15%.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): All healing critical strikes now heal for 2 times a normal heal (+100%), up from 1.5 times a normal heal (+50%).
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Healing Rain now has a 40-yard range, up from 30, to be consistent with other shaman heals.; Healing Rain shouldn’t fail to complete casting if a low-level player or NPC is within its targeted location.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Added.