Hand of Freedom is a core paladin ability learned at level 52. As of Patch 3.0.2 this ability replaces the former Blessing of Freedom and works in the same way, but uses the Hand system to prevent conflicts with Blessings.
Modified by Edit
Tips & tactics Edit
- Hand of Freedom will remove the effects of Player Daze, but is useless against Creature Daze.
- In Warsong Gulch, when protecting the flag carrier, take note of the number of enemy priests or shaman around before casting Hand of Freedom. They can easily dispel it. Also, a mage can spellsteal it.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): It is no longer possible to use this ability while under the effects of the druid spell Cyclone. In addition, disconnecting while rooted will no longer sometimes trigger casting this on oneself.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): This ability now correctly removes the snaring component of Infected Wounds and Frostfire Bolt.
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): The base duration of this buff has been reduced from 10 seconds to 6 seconds.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now works properly against the froststorm Breath Hunter pet ability.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.