The Butchers were a relatively casual, high end, Alliance raiding guild on the Arthas server. The guild has been in existence since January 2002, transferring to WoW upon its release. As of September, 2009, with the advent of paid faction transfers and the transfer of numerous members to the Horde, the guild stopped raiding and now only has several members playing on a casual basis.
Level 80 ContentEdit
- Trial of the Crusader: Cleared
- Ulduar: 13/14, Flame Leviathan and XT-002 Deconstructor Hard Modes cleared
- Eye of Eternity: Cleared on 12/15/08
- Naxxramas: Cleared on 12/7/08
- Obsidian Sanctum: Heroic: The Twilight Zone Cleared on 1/29/09
Level 70 ContentEdit
- Sunwell Plateau: Cleared on 11/6/08 (Brutallus down pre-3.0)
- Black Temple: Cleared on 7/28/08
- Hyjal Summit: Cleared on 4/6/08
- The Eye: Cleared on 2/14/08
- Serpentshrine Cavern: Cleared on 1/16/08
- Magtheridon's Lair: Cleared
- Gruul's Lair: Cleared
- Karazhan: Cleared
In the level 60 content, the guild had cleared Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Onyxia's Lair, Zul'Gurub, Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj and had killed The Prophet Skeram, the Royal Bug Family, Battleguard Sartura, Fankriss the Unyielding, Princess Huhuran and Twin Emperors in Temple of Ahn'Qiraj and had downed Instructor Razuvious, Anub'Rekhan and Grand Widow Faerlina in the Naxxramas, as well as having downed several of the outdoor raid bosses.
Our Recruiting Forum lists which classes we are actively recruiting, but we are always in search of dedicated players with a group mindset. Our class needs are constantly changing, but are usually kept up-to-date in our recruiting forum.
To apply, you can either submit an application publicly in the recruiting forum, or via private message to Halleck or Beren.
- Must be level 80
- Enchanted and gemmed to fill your role
- Ability to attend at least 75%+ of our raids (unless applying for a backup position)
- Ability to take criticism
- Ability to raid at the listed raid times with minimal time AFK
- Ability to stay connected through raids
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to think and act as needed when not specifically directed
- Team oriented: Able to think with the good of the guild in mind
- Self-reliant: Will prepare for raids and look for ways to improve without being spoon-fed
- Desire to progress in raids and not simply farm loot
- Ability to stay positive when learning encounters
- Willingness to do what it takes to improve, if only for a specific fight
We raid three nights per week: Wednesday and Thursday from 7:30 to 11:30pm, and Sunday from 7:00 to 11:30pm (all times are server time). As mentioned above, 75% attendance is expected of all members; those who cannot make this cut are welcome to apply for a backup position, with the understanding that full members will take priority on an open raid spot.
Loot is handled via /random rolls, but on a purely need before greed basis. Nobody will take a sidegrade when the item is a clear upgrade for another individual.
That said, those who are raiding just for the loot need not apply. Loot is a means to progress further, nothing more.