We are The Astral Order.
We are the originators of the off-spec love.
We are the one guild there that challenges any and all who say, "You must do it this way!".
We are the guild where dying is laughed at, and when we live we say,
"Now, we've defeated (insert big bad boss name here), how do we make it more insane?"
(typically the answer is, "Let the priest tank!")
- Server: Server:Eldre'Thalas US
- Faction: Alliance
- Website: http://www.astralorder.com
- Armory: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/guild-info.xml?r=Eldre'Thalas&n=The+Astral+Order&p=1
About The Astral Order Edit
What follows is a brief history of The Astral Order, and how we came to be. Along with explanations of who we are and how we work.
- 12 December 2005
- Jabouty is given a copy of World of Warcraft by his beloved wife, which he immediately installs and starts playing.
- 7 January 2006
- Jabouty joins a guild and quickly becomes enamoured by the possibilities inherent in the structuring and how guilds could work.
- February 2006
- Jabouty leaves his current guild after being told that he will never be anything more than a healbot once he reaches end-game. This perceived threat to his freedom of choice destroys his loyalty to his then current guild and strengthens his resolve to be and do what ever he sees fit. It is at this time that he realizes that the only way to make that fact a reality is to start his own guild, with the players of the guild having full control over how to play their characters, without fear of having someone else within the guild telling them that they cannot play the way they want to. With the help of a few friends The Astral Order is born.
- March 2006
- Jabouty purchases webspace, domain name, and a ventrilo server for the guild and begins coding the site
- September 2006
- After many months of leveling, and gaining new players, The Astral Order is ready to start raiding and enters Zul'Gurub
- November 2006
- Jabouty experiences complete and total burn out and leaves the game on hiatus. With his two assistant guild leaders taking the reigns.
- December 2006
- The Astral Order is torn asunder from internal strife and issues. Plans are made to fold The Astral Order into another guild.
- January 2007
- Jabouty returns and finds his guild ripped apart and begins recovery, removing the chafe from the kernel The Astral Order is reborn.
- April 2007
- We enter Karazhan and take our first boss down. The Astral Order is raiding once again.
- July 2007
- Having successfully farmed Karazhan up to the chess event (Save for Illhoof and Aran), The raiding crew splits into two distinct raiding teams. At once competitive with each other, and at the same time helping each other when possible.
Who We Are Edit
We are your basic family of dysfunctional miscreants that absolutely love to play the game and play with each other (get your mind out of the gutter, even though you are probably right).
Our Core Tenants Edit
Guild Rules Edit
Guild Rank Structure Edit
Team Roster Edit
Black Knights Edit
White Knights Edit
Weekly Raid Schedules Edit
Guild Progress Edit
Explanation of Terms Edit
Encounter has not been attempted
In Progress Edit
Encounter is currently being learned
Encounter has been beaten at least once, but is not yet on farm status
Encounter has become "Easy Mode" and is usually defeatable within 2 tries
Arena Teams Edit
Renegade Badasses Edit
Team Leader: Jabouty
Members: EricWilson, Jett, Dessa
Armory Link: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/team-info.xml?r=Eldre%27Thalas&ts=2&t=Renegade+Badasses