|Ruin Main | Ruin Homepage | Ruin Roster | Ruin Armory | Ruin Progress|
Ruin is a dedicated PvE guild with over 100 active members that have continued to climb to the top since their reformation on August 4th, 2006. They are categorized as a mostly casual guild, but are working hard to be among the other raiding guilds on Kilrogg US, while still having plenty of fun and remaining a tightly knit "friends guild".
Ruin was formed on Kilrogg US. While keeping the "casual" tag, we are still dedicated to reaching end-game content, or at least as close as we can get. Recruitment does not often open as we are already full of good, experienced players, but if you have any interest you can register on the forums to fill out an application, which are accessible via the web link above. That link will also show whether or not recruitment is open, and for what class. For more information you can contact Behn, Tzipa or any other officer in game.
Guild Progress Edit
- Molten Core - farm status
- Zul'Gurub - farm status
- Onyxia - farm status
- Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj - farm status
- Karazhan - Cleared & on farm status.
- Gruul's Lair - Cleared.
- Magtheridon's Lair - Cleared.
- Zul'Aman - Nalorakk defeated on opening night, Akil'zon, Halazzi, Jan'alai and Hex Lord Malacrass have also been downed with up to 3 timers obtained.
- Eye (Tempest Keep) - Void Reaver and High Astromancer Solarian downed.
- Serpentshrine Cavern - Hydross the Unstable, The Lurker Below, Leotheras the Blind, Fathom Lord Karathress, and Morogrim Tidewalker have been downed.
You can keep track of Ruin's progression here.
Ruin's roots began some time ago in the game Dark Ages of Camelot.
The Dark Ages of Camelot chapter of Ruin ran up until a few months after WoW was released. It was founded by a combination of people: Poppin, Aysche, Watts, Everto, Behn and Blaziken. The guild then merged with another guild to create an RP guild named Valr.
The guild was once more taken over by the original founders and grew rapidly into a very solid guild. Once 40 man raiding became a reality Ruin joined the "Silence Alliance" consisting of the Enlightened, Horde of Morrigan, The Burning Horde, Black Bone Society, and Disciples of Chaos. This was followed by a merger between Ruin and the Enlightened to form Dominicide.
On August 4th, 2006 Ruin was reformed. Having gotten frustrated with hardcore raiding a number of original Ruin members got together and left their respective guilds to reform Ruin.
Since that day the guild has grown rapidly in size, popularity, and experience. Previous to Burning Crusade Ruin successfully cleared Molten Core, Zul'gurub, Onyxia and Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. Ruin raids 25 mans on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays starting at 7:30 PST with Karazhan guild PuGs put together by members seeking Badges of Justice on free days.
Weekly Raid Schedule Edit
- Tuesday, 7:30pm PST
- Thursday, 7:30pm PST
- Sunday, 7:30 PST
Guild Rules Edit
There are few standardized, mandatory rules for the guild. A few highlights would be:
- Players need to have as much experience with their class as is capable for them. We won't do full background checks so we don't always know your history with your character. But if you bought your account off of eBay, chances are we will be quick to notice.
- Players are expected to be fully prepared before raids. If we have Gruul's Lair on Wednesday at 8:00 PM Server, you are expected to be in front of the summoning stone 15 minutes early with gear repaired, reagents, and consumables, as well as whatever real life business you have taken care of. You are expected to have at least skimmed the strategy so that it is not repeated. And you are expected not to AFK until it is stated you may do so.
- Players are expected to be civil with one another... guild drama is fiercely intolerable and is quickly taken care of. Players are also expected to help one another as time allows for them, but to also not demand too much time and resources from guildmates.
- Players are expected to help maintain a friendly, fun-loving atmosphere. There is never a dull moment in Vent or guild chat.
- As far as tools, players are expected to have the Omen (Threat Meter) mod for raiding to help avoid wipes. Another recommended mod is Deadly Boss Mods.
Important Members Edit
- Tzipa, Elder : Long-time member and second in command to Behn. May also be contacted regarding recruitment.
Notes of Interest Edit
- Ruin's member rankings are taken from the movie Dark Crystal.
- Ruin is responsible for nearly all server firsts in city bosses. They have defeated Magni Bronzebeard, Velen, Highlord Bolvar Fordragon, Tyrande Whisperwind, and Fandral Staghelm. They are looking to complete the list with Archbishop Benedictus, Gelbin Mekkatorque, and Jaina Proudmoore in the near future.
- Ruin holds each guild meeting in the amphitheatre of Thunder Bluff. After the meeting, the members follow Behn and jump off of the highest tier in Thunder Bluff. When asked why we do this, Behn claims it is to signify our devotion to follow him blindly to our deaths (it's a joke!).
- Behn seems to have a thing for potatoes.
- Behn speaks German, so it's not rare to find something German on the Ruin page or in a raid warning.