The Praetorian Knights (PK) is a Scarlet Crusade Alliance guild that strives to maintain a friendly and family-oriented environment. While not strictly an "endgame" or "raiding" guild, PK works together to make progress in endgame content. In PK, raiding is considered a part of the fun, not the sole purpose for the existence of the guild. The members of PK refer to it as a casual, family, raiding guild that takes their raiding seriously, but with a side of fun.
The Guild Leader, Awryt, is supported by an officer core of senior officers and junior officers (Class/Role Leaders). PK is currently progressing through Tier 12 content in Cataclysm. For more information, please visit our website or contact Awryt or another officer (listed below) in-game.
We are currently a Level 25 guild.
Our raid schedule is adjusted on a rotating basis based on member input and we aim for 25-man content but will tackle 10-man depending on member availability. Our current raid schedule is:
- Monday: no scheduled raids
- Tuesday: no scheduled raids
- Wednesday: 7:15 pm - 10:00 pm Server - 25-man content
- Thursday: 7:15 pm - 10:00 pm Server - 25-man content
- Friday: 7:15 pm - 10:00 pm Server - 25-man content
- Saturday: no scheduled raids
- Sunday: no scheduled raids, once a month guild meeting
Cataclysm Instances: http://www.wowwiki.com/Server:Scarlet_Crusade_US/Cataclysm_Progression
- Firelands - 1/7 (Lord Rhyolith)
- Blackwing Descent - 6/6
- Throne of the Four Winds - 2/2
- Bastion of Twilight - 4/4 (0/5 Heroic) (25)
- Baradin Hold - 1/2
- Obsidian Sanctum - 10/25 Cleared (+3 drakes)
- Vault of Archavon - 10/25 Cleared
- Naxxramas - 10/25 Cleared
- Eye of Eternity - 10/25 Cleared
- Ulduar - 10/25 (12/14 25-man, 13/14 10-man reg/hard, yay drakes!)
- Trial of the Crusader - 10/25 Cleared
- Icecrown Citadel - 10 Cleared (11/12 Heroic, yay drakes!)/25 In Progress (11/12 25-man - only The Lich King remains!)
- Karazhan - All bosses including optional and summoned on farm.
- Gruul's Lair - Cleared. Farm status.
- Magtheridon's Lair - Cleared. Farm status.
- Zul'Aman - Cleared. Farm status.
- Serpentshrine Cavern - Lurker, Leotheras, FLK, and Vashj down.
- Eye (Tempest Keep) - Cleared.
- Battle of Mount Hyjal - Rage Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal and Azgalor down.
- Black Temple - Cleared (with our raid alliance).
- Sunwell Plateau - Not attempted pre-Wrath
Old World Instances:
- Zul'Gurub - Cleared. Farm Status.
- Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj - Farm to Ossirian. Ossirian to ~30%.
- Molten Core - Cleared. Farm Status.
- Onyxia - Cleared. Farm Status.
- Blackwing Lair - Farm through Flamegor. Chromaggus to ~1%.
- AQ40 - not attempted pre-BC
- Naxxramas - not attempted pre-BC although several members participated in a realm PUG to clear during BC
Established at the end of 2005, the Praetorian Knights (PK) progressed quickly through the old world instances. After taking down Lucifron on the first guild run and Magmadar on the second, PK moved through Molten Core within a matter of months. There was much rejoicing when both Hakkar and Ragnaros fell to our might for the first time within the same week. With MC on farm status, PK moved into BWL and had taken down the first 6 bosses (including getting through the Suppression Room on the first time there) and nearly defeated the vile Chromaggus before taking a raid break in December 2006 to prepare for the release of the Burning Crusade.
With the release of Burning Crusade, PK moved through raid instances at a steady pace. Guild runs of Karazhan began in March, 2007 with all bosses (including optional and summoned) on farm within months. From there we quickly moved into Gruul's and Magtheridon's Lairs. Nalorakk and Akil'zon were defeated on our very first Zul'Aman runs with Jan'alai and Halazzi following shortly thereafter. By the end of BC, we had cleared all content except Sunwell and the final boss of Hyjal (although we were so close).
While we had taken a raiding break before the release of BC, we maintained our raiding schedule right up to the release of the WotLK because we enjoyed the challenge. Upon release of WotLK, we began leveling our characters, exploring the new content, and collecting/crafting gear with an eye to get back into endgame as soon as possible. We stepped into Naxxramas on 18 December, 2008, and had much success - though it was far from a cakewalk. We pushed through all content including OS with one drake up prior to the release of Ulduar in the 3.1 patch. We were 11/12 in 25-man ICC prior to the release of 4.0.1.
PK strives to maintain a family guild atmosphere while still working to complete instances. There are many family members and real-life friends in PK as well as friendships that have grown in-game. PK is proud to boast a number of members who have been with us for more than 4 years including founding members Drabin, Liann, Benkei, and Farcraw. While other guilds have suffered through massive turnover and changes in leadership, PK has maintained much of our roster through three expansions. Many of us have developed real life friendships from our in-game contact and we have been known to help each other both in-game and out. We have had several guild meet-ups including the now infamous "WTFIRLBBQ".
A raiding guild for people with real lives. A family guild for people who also like to raid. However you describe us, we are a family, a group of friends, and even when we make each other crazy, we stick together.
- While we are not strictly a raiding guild, we do have rules that must be followed while we are raiding to ensure success and enjoyment by all. Members are required to sign-up for raids in advance. No minimum attendance policy, though some guild benefits are dependent on attendance.
- Members are encouraged to have various add-ons installed for raiding; however, every effort is made to minimize these.
- We use an Effort Points / Gear Points (EPGP) Loot system to track and distribute loot based on attendance and items received. This system is used to determine loot priorities to balance loot across all classes/roles, newer people as well as veterans, and people who are on every run as well as more casual raiders.
For more information, please feel free to contact any officer or class lead.
- Awryt, Guildmaster
- Guild leader. Guild mom. Herder of cats.
- Skelster, Senior Officer
- Awryt's second-in-command and general right-hand-man. Also the Wiki master. Recently returned from two overseas tours, now raiding and causing general havoc. The "bad" cop. 'Stater of the Obvious' and 'Nailer of Your Mom'. Freely distributes "Window Licker" stickers during raids. See also Eye Candy :P
- Duhovyia - Raid Leader / Raid Researcher / Ninja of Hunter loot
- Idash - Raid Researcher / Healing Coordinator
- Quennell - Raid Researcher / Raid Leader / Tank Coordinator
- Tinki - Loot Master / Records Keeper / Mister Sarcastic Pants
- Chain BOPing rogues is funny.
- Protect your Mr. Wiggles if there are gnomes in the party.
- The green slime in this room is completely unlike the green slime in the rest of the instance. In this room it heals you.
- "That's what she said."
- <Gnude Gnome Racers> and <Pee Kay>
- Q:"I don't know why I couldn't sap him." A:"It might help if you were stealthed first."
- Q:"Does anybody else not see the boss?" A:"Try turning around."
- Q:"Where did you get two [Void Crystal] in BRD?" A:"I don't wanna talk about it." (Does apply poison look like disenchant to anyone else?)
- Fish Feasts always taste better after a bear sits in them.
- "This is the last attempt for the night" will almost always result in a kill.
- Whatever you do, don't make Awryt use the 'mom voice'.
- Q: What's more embarrassing than getting one-shot on the pull as a pally healer? A: Realizing 30 seconds later that you just DI'd a tank you were trying to heal and then doing it again later in the same run. (Even GM's have epic fail moments!)
- Q: OGOGOGOGOGOG!!!