|Lacy Spacebar Main | Lacy Spacebar Homepage | Lacy Spacebar Roster | Lacy Spacebar Armory | Guild Progress|
Lacy Spacebar is a Horde PvE guild formed July 28th, 2009 on Kilrogg US. The GM and several of the founding members transferred from Stormrage US after much research, and created Lacy Spacebar as a casual raiding guild. The guild's philosophy maintains that it's members should be able to experience the latest end-game progressions while maintaining an extraordinarily high level of fun and enjoyment without stress.
Relatively young in comparison to many guilds on their server, Lacy Spacebar has accomplished a lot since being formed in July 2009. With a solid core of principles and leadership, it's single mission is to be the absolute best casual raiding guild on the server by pushing progression through the latest end-game content and providing a fun and welcoming atmosphere for it's members. Although the guild welcomes applicants of all levels and classes, some scrutiny will be placed on the applications of those looking to fill a spot on one of our raid rosters.
Guild Progress Edit
Until we figure out how to dynamically update this site, visit this website here for the latest information.
Lacy Spacebar's roots began some time ago on Stormrage US.
As is often the case, a group of RL friends all started characters on the same server (Stormrage US) back in the vanilla days so that they could hang out and play together. Two expansions and several guilds later, they were all very frustrated with the overall experience of the game. Having already tried just about everything else, the thought of a server transfer was presented as a fresh idea and it sounded pretty good. After more frustration and an incident involving someone's mother, in the kitchen, spre.... well, you'll just have to ask about that some other time... the camel's back finally broke and many server transfers were purchased on July 26th, 2009. In addition to the group of RL friends, several of their in-game friends surprisingly opted to join them on this journey. Upon arriving on Kilrogg US, Lacy Spacebar was formed for the recently expatriated Stormragians.
Though the guild was still extraordinarily new, Chesticle (the original GM) made the difficult decision to enact a guild re-organization in late August 2009 to re-focus the guild's philosophy and principles. Inevitably, the re-organization resulted in a few defections. Since that point in time, Lacy Spacebar has enjoyed a decent amount of growth and continues to recruit members for it's core raiding teams.
Weekly Raid Schedule Edit
- Monday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm PST
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm PST
- Wednesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm PST
- Thursday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm PST
- Friday, Even God took a day off
- Saturday, So we're taking two
- Sunday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm PST
Guild Rules Edit
There are few standardized guidelines for the guild. A few highlights would be:
- Players are expected to be fully prepared before raids. If we expect to start at 7:00 PM PST (Server Time), you are expected to be in front of the summoning stone 15 minutes early with gear repaired, reagents, consumables, and no need to AFK until it is stated you may do so.
- Players are expected to be civil with one another. We're a mature, fun-loving, insane bunch of people but there is no room for bullying.
- Otherwise, players are expected to have read, understood and agreed to all of the rules and guidelines on the guild website
Guild Leadership Edit
Fun Facts Edit
- Lacy Spacebar's member rankings are taken from the song Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. The additional rank of "Armpit" was generated because we thought it was funny, and the punitive rank of "Aerath" was generated for a PUG that we ran Naxx with because his account got hacked in the middle of the KT fight. Oddly enough, whoever hacked his account helped us kill KT before bailing.
- Other names that were considered for the guild are: Lacy Hotbox, Craft Supplies and Rooster Illusion.
- Darkjess and Bobbiebouche have a thing for "balls" and "bacon" dating back to 2001. Mostly inexplicable, but be prepared for unusual conversations surrounding the subject. They even have complimentary toons, "Tehbacon" and "Tehsack".
- Though not particularly superstitious, it is not uncommon to see Lacy Spacebar members raiding with their companion pets out.
- Some of our favorite player quotes:
"Whirlwind is a 360-degree attack. It cannot be avoided, so the healers just gotta be on their game." "People should really call out on vent when they get slag-potted by Ignis. It's really hard to tell when he's got someone." "OK. When everybody's ready, come on me." "Mom, there's just way too much to remember. How can they expect everyone to know how to move and where the slime is, and still kill the boss"