Aeternium is an end-game adventuring guild on the Argent Dawn (US) server, aligned with the Alliance. Founded on November 16, 2006, Aeternium can trace its origins to guild traditions dating back to August 5, 1999. The organization prides itself upon having "mature, fun-loving, and skilled players" and has a philosophy espousing "no drama and no nonsense". The guild experienced an extended break, in which a number of core members joined other guilds. In February 2009, the guild reformed began to build a raid team to help fuel the growth of the guild. That raid team had it's official start date on March 1, 2009. Since that day, Aeternium has cleared all 10 and 25 man raid dungeons (with the exclusion of Ulduar 25 and both heroic versions of Trial of the Crusader).
The guild is governed using a progressive system of management, whereby the guild's strategy and agenda is set by the Executor (Guild Leader), the agenda is translated into actionable programs and implemented throughout the membership by Judicators (Officers) and their Telarchs (Junior Officers). The Praesul (Assistant Guild/Raid Leader)oversees a minority of social interests in the guild (most of the Praesul's time is occupied by recruitment and raid organization). Members are recognized as Initiates (new members), Acolytes (full members), and Quaestors (senior members).
Aeternium has a very accessible and comprehensive Admissions program that encourages the general public to apply through its open recruitment program.
- March 1, 2009: First official raid day.
- March 2, 2009: One-shots Sapphiron, Kel'Thuzad, and Sartharion
- March 8, 2009: Downs the entire 25 man Naxxramas in a single night.
- March 9, 2009: One-shots Sapphiron with Shadron left up and downs Malygos.
- April 19, 2009: Enters Ulduar 25 for the first time.
- April 19, 2009: First Fragment of Val'anyr given to Quaestor Esperance.
- May 3, 2009: The Sunday/Mondar progression team stops running Naxxramas 25 to focus on Ulduar 25.
- May 4, 2009: Clears the Ulduar courtyard. 26th guild on server to earn Heroic: The Siege of Ulduar achievement.