A Guest Pass Key allowed someone to play World of Warcraft up to level 20 with many restrictions (see World of Warcraft Starter Edition). After the Starter Edition was released, these guest passes became effectively unnecessary.
The included key was in the following format: ******-****-******-****-****** where * is either a letter or a number.
After entering the key, the user is prompted to download the digital version of the trial game client.
Where included Edit
- Strangely, 2 guest passes were included with the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition.
- Also, 2 guest passes were also included within the World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor package.
- 1 guest pass was included in the StarCraft II: Battle Chest edition.
- 1 guest pass was included with Overwatch: Origins Edition.
- 1 guest pass was included with World of Warcraft: Legion Collector's Edition.
- The key entry page calls it the "World of Warcraft Guest Pass".
- Battle.net support appears to refer to it as a "trial key".