Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Guardian Spirit is a priest ability learned at level 70 for those with the Holy specialization. A friendly target receives 60% more healing for 10 seconds. If the target dies while under the effect of the spell, the Guardian Spirit will prevent death by sacrificing itself and restore 40% of the target's maximum health.
Modified by Edit
- Any friendly target can only benefit from Guardian Spirit every 60 seconds (internal cooldown)
- Guardian Spirit prevents death, it will not reset a target's threat.
- The ability can be dispelled and is not affected by global cooldown.
- Guardian Spirit is able to heal critically.
- Guardian Spirit won't prevent death from fall damage.
- A paladin's Ardent Defender heal must be on cooldown before Guardian Spirit can be consumed.
- This is the Holy priest's panic button when a party member is about to die.
- Casting Guardian Spirit on the tank will allow the priest to heal other party members, while the tank is safe.
- Using a macro or addon to announce your target is recommended.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Pain Suppression and Guardian Spirit can now always be cast while stunned.
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Guardian Spirit's healing bonus has been increased to 60%, up from 40%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Guardian Spirit: It is no longer possible for simultaneous killing blows to trigger the heal from this ability multiple times.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Guardian Spirit: A target may now have only one Guardian Spirit active.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added; Guardian Spirit will now heal the target 50% of their maximum health.